How's the conditions today? (Sat, MLK weekend)

Rob in NJ

How was it up at the mountain today, especially in the morning before 12? I'm heading up tomorrow, not sure if I'm staying past lunch time or not. Depends on the crowds...

Judging by the webcam, I'd stay away. Stay till around 11 or 12 and then be thankful you got there early...

It was crowded, no question about it. The snowplow crowd was out in force. Oh yeah, rush hour gridlock on some trails. Yes, there were long lines at the quads but the lifties do a good job at keeping the line moving.

The line at Cameltop literally went to the front door. I have never seen that before.

I was there in the afternoon with both my kids. We avoided the high traffic areas completely.

Bigger issue was how icy the entire mountain was. Sugar on top and ice underneath. I could not hold an edge anywhere on the mountain. At first I thought I had done a crappy job sharpening my skis but both kids said it was icy.

Skied Cliffhanger for the first time. Great trail. It was empty so it held up well. Some bumps at the top section.

The bump section on Lower Cleo was great - soft bumps, no ice, lot of fun, the newbies avoided that one like the plague.

This was the first time I've been at CB since before Christmas. I knew with the crowds that the snow would be pushed off the slopes, but I was surprised that I couldn't hold an edge even on the greens.

It was crowded, no question about it. The snowplow crowd was out in force. Oh yeah, rush hour gridlock on some trails. Yes, there were long lines at the quads but the lifties do a good job at keeping the line moving.

The line at Cameltop literally went to the front door. I have never seen that before.

I was there in the afternoon with both my kids. We avoided the high traffic areas completely.

Bigger issue was how icy the entire mountain was. Sugar on top and ice underneath. I could not hold an edge anywhere on the mountain. At first I thought I had done a crappy job sharpening my skis but both kids said it was icy.

Skied Cliffhanger for the first time. Great trail. It was empty so it held up well. Some bumps at the top section.

The bump section on Lower Cleo was great - soft bumps, no ice, lot of fun, the newbies avoided that one like the plague.

This was the first time I've been at CB since before Christmas. I knew with the crowds that the snow would be pushed off the slopes, but I was surprised that I couldn't hold an edge even on the greens.

I gotta agree with this assessment. The lesser used trails were the best bet of the day. The more popular runs were skied off or just mobbed. Human-pylon day on the slopes.