Blues park

train36

How come all of their rails are so tech? I didn't see anyone hitting the things. Wish they would put in some boxes and some flat rails to add some variety. It was set up much better though and the jumps were real nice especially the big one at the top of sidewinder after the first rail. I was talking to people that worked there and they said they have been trying to tell them the same thing that most of the rails are way to hard for most riders but they said the resort won't budge and setup some easier stuff. If you are at Blue and killing those rails than much respect goes to you. I would just like to see some easier stuff so people can progress to the harder rails. But overall the park was in much, much better shape than last year even with all this warm weather. :yes

most rails theyre are hard, but some rails just arent set up properly. If the rainbow rail is set up like it was last year, they need to put it up on snow and make alittle bit of a lip on it. Its really hard for skier to hit rails like that without a little bit of a lip.

Theyre rails are hard becauase theyre really skinny, or theyre round. But that 1/2 rainbow to a smaller 1/2 rainbow thingy is really freaking stupid. I havent seen neone hit that when i was there, but im usually not at blue so i only know from what ive seen.

isn't there easy stuff in the lower park? I don't get it... we always hear about how stuff is too ez, now it's too hard?

:lol: yea, the lower park features boxes, and less intimidating hits. But the rainbow rail is unbelieveable! When i stand next to it with my skis on, im pretty sure its taller then i am!

^^ yea tahts like the titanic rail at boulder which stands about 10 feet hight, its a little intimidating at first, but not hard

but about blues rails. i dont think its that they are hard rails, its just that theyre wayyy too skinny. on their flat down rail the only way i could stay on it since its so skinny was to get so much speed that i ended up clearing the down part, and not on purpose either

^^ yea tahts like the titanic rail at boulder which stands about 10 feet hight,  its a little intimidating at first,  but not hard

but about blues rails.  i dont think its that they are hard rails,  its just that theyre wayyy too skinny.  on their flat down rail the only way i could stay on it since its so skinny was to get so much speed that i ended up clearing the down part,  and not on purpose either

Not to be a smartass, but isn't that what makes it hard and require more skill?

They have the lower park, with really easy stuff, then insane stuff up top. If they had something that took some skill, but wasn't over the top, I think thats what people are looking for. A solid 20 ft straight rail would be a nice start.

i also think a reason why some of their rails are so hard is because they have such poor transitions onto them. when i was there, they were horrible, barely built up, and eaten away at the sides so it was really hard to get on teh rail straight in order to stay on

i also think a reason why some of their rails are so hard is because they have such poor transitions onto them.  when i was there,  they were horrible,  barely built up,  and eaten away at the sides so it was really hard to get on teh rail straight in order to stay on

Honestly, aside from the drop down rail, everything was fine when I was there. Plus, the park crew came through serveral times and touched up the transitions, so they were perfectly rideable all day.

The park is groomed much better and there the terrain park crew was out touching stuff up which was nice but the rails are way too skinny. As for the terrain run which has beginner stuff, the one box they have set up is okay and the rail after it. I don't realy consider a skinny flat-down-flat rail very easy but thats just me. I just hoped they would have a couple more boxes maybe with some jumps on to them and some nice straight rails that are wider than two inches. You find this stuff in all the good parks in PA and it usually comes out in the beginning of the season with the tech stuff coming a little bit later. Blues park though has made a lot of progress this year though, the jumps are setup really nice and everything seems to be groomed much better. Like someone said I wish they would add some features that require some skill but are not over the top. :D

Edited by Allian Boarder

The park is groomed much better and there the terrain park crew was out touching stuff up which was nice but the rails are way too skinny.  As for the terrain run which has beginner stuff, the one box they have set up is okay and the rail after it.  I don't realy consider a skinny flat-down-flat rail very easy but thats just me.  I just hoped they would have a couple more boxes maybe with some jumps on to them and some nice straight rails that are wider than two inches.  You find this stuff in all the good parks in PA and it usually comes out in the beginning of the season with the tech stuff coming a little bit later.  Blues park though has made a lot of progress this year though, the jumps are setup really nice and everything seems to be groomed much better.  Like someone said I wish they would add some features that require some skill but are not over the top.  :D

shut up i welded cleaned and painted on them!