Okemo TR

sexkitten

Lame, on mutliple accounts.

Haha.....Glen, I've got side with SK on not removing the face mask just to take a picture when its single digits out and the wind is howling.

My Smugg's pictures (that I will post, I promise) will have the creepy maskface pictures of me in there.

My face still feels frozen and its two weeks later. I think this is what it feels like to be injected with botox.

I was at Okemo over the weekend with my kids and the conditions were unbeliveably good. They were only claiming 10" for Friday night and 2-3" for Saturday night but first lifts on Saturday gave us knee deep (on me, 5'11") and incredibly light powder over the whole mountain. On Sunday we were expecting just nice groomers but were surprised to find another 5-6" of fresh with deeper pockets in many places (I guess because of the wind).

Saturdays conditions were possibly the best I've ever ridden, there was even decent tree riding to be had. My 7 year old son had to stop at lunchtime because he was so exhausted, I though I might lose him a couple of times early in the day as he bailed and disappeared under the snow.

By 11 on both days the surface of every trail was just continous powder piles whcih were so much fun to either blast over or through as you felt inclined. By mid-afternoon on sunday my legs were shot and both my kids were completely done-in, but very happy.

My son wants to know why camelback can't make snow like that......

Our slopeside lodging (at winterplace if you know the area) was really nice (if expensive), but it doesn't matter where you go or how much you spend, you can never guarantee conditions like that, priceless.....

Sorry,no pics this time, I left my camera in PA and my daughter only took video while we were out on the hill on Sunday.

I'm off to Utah on Thursday, I promise some pic's from there.....

I was at Okemo over the weekend with my kids and the conditions were unbeliveably good. They were only claiming 10" for Friday night and 2-3" for Saturday night but first lifts on Saturday gave us knee deep (on me, 5'11") and incredibly light powder over the whole mountain. On Sunday we were expecting just nice groomers but were surprised to find another 5-6" of fresh with deeper pockets in many places (I guess because of the wind).

Saturdays conditions were possibly the best I've ever ridden, there was even decent tree riding to be had. My 7 year old son had to stop at lunchtime because he was so exhausted, I though I might lose him a couple of times early in the day as he bailed and disappeared under the snow.

By 11 on both days the surface of every trail was just continous powder piles whcih were so much fun to either blast over or through as you felt inclined. By mid-afternoon on sunday my legs were shot and both my kids were completely done-in, but very happy.

My son wants to know why camelback can't make snow like that......

Our slopeside lodging (at winterplace if you know the area) was really nice (if expensive), but it doesn't matter where you go or how much you spend, you can never guarantee conditions like that, priceless.....

Sorry,no pics this time, I left my camera in PA and my daughter only took video while we were out on the hill on Sunday.

I'm off to Utah on Thursday, I promise some pic's from there.....

See... I told you... beautiful time to go to Okemo. I was wondering how the crowds were though?

See... I told you... beautiful time to go to Okemo. I was wondering how the crowds were though?

Yeah, we got really lucky with the snow, but then we also lucked out last year on both trips in March and early April (though not quite as good as this time).

Crowds were not too bad, the main quads at JG and on the okemo side had a big line from 11-1 then got quieter again, the other lifts had no more than 10 "chairs" of people in line at any time. I don't think we waited more than 2-3 minutes for a chair all day.