off-peak pass question

ket19

:banghead

Take your own advice about the reading thing. He is saying he has an offpeak and wants to buy a pass on a weekend morning...not upgrade to an unlimited pass.

I know why he wants a discount....duh! But what is BCs incentive to give out discounts to off peak pass holders? The entire point of the off peak pass is you aren't paying for part of the season. Why should an off peak pass holder get a discount on something they haven't paid for? They are already getting a discounted rate on the part of the season they did pay for. Think about it for a minute or two.

:werd

you can't go up to the ticket window, present them your offpeak pass and expect them to give you 50% off a weekend morning ticket. you payed $0 of your season pass money for that time frame, so why would you get a discount?? Sorry Kyle...

:werd

you can't go up to the ticket window, present them your offpeak pass and expect them to give you 50% off a weekend morning ticket. you payed $0 of your season pass money for that time frame, so why would you get a discount?? Sorry Kyle...

christ almighty

for the record, for everyone who's shooting their mouth off about reading comprehension, etc.... BC did not answer my original question... they said they would not issue the replacement pass for a forgotten pass during unlimited hours. so, no, they did not answer my question.

and yeah, if i can only go like one or two weekend mornings in the season, why would i get unlimited?

i asked a simple question, which is what the boards are for, so chill the f out.

and stop assuming everyone's a guy. it's getting old.

To fully answer the questions:

1) There is not a discount available for off-peak pass holders during peak times.

2) Forgotten pass tickets are issued once a season. They are only issued during times when your pass is valid. Within the pass system, we deactivate your pass for the day and, if you or a friend are found attempting to load the lift with your pass on the day the forgotten pass was issued, you will lose your pass for the remainder of the season.

3) If you decide to upgrade to an unlimited pass during the season we are happy to do so. The upgrade fee is the difference between the cost of the off-peak pass and the unlimited pass based on the pricing at the time of your original purchase.

4) I would strongly encourage anyone thinking they will be able to ski or ride for free this year to reconsider. We will be scanning at all times on all lifts. We have done away with $150 fine option and will be prosecuting every person attempting to load the lift without a valid ticket or pass. The resulting conviction is a class 2 misdemeanor and carries a fine that is approximately equal to the cost of a full priced unlimited pass.

I realize some of these policies sound harsh but we have seen a lot of abuse over the past several years. It is not fair to have the experience of our paying guests paying diminished by non-paying guests. We will be doing everything we can to make sure our paying guests get the best value for their hard earned money.

Edited by BC-Mark

christ almighty

for the record, for everyone who's shooting their mouth off about reading comprehension, etc.... BC did not answer my original question... they said they would not issue the replacement pass for a forgotten pass during unlimited hours. so, no, they did not answer my question.

and yeah, if i can only go like one or two weekend mornings in the season, why would i get unlimited?

i asked a simple question, which is what the boards are for, so chill the f out.

and stop assuming everyone's a guy. it's getting old.

i didnt assume you were a guy? and i believe i answered your question. no need to get upset.

If you lose your pass during a run we have the ability to check your pass records for that day and verify you have been scanned on previous runs that day.

You then have two options: 1) Wait to see if your pass shows up and use your forgotten pass ticket for the remainder of your visit 2) Pay for the replacement fee and get a new pass

Based on the number of passes that get turned into Guest Services, I would say there is a decent chance the pass shows up by the end of the night. If it gets lost on a trail and it goes longer than a day, chances are it has been tilled under by the groomers and won't be in any usable shape if it is found.

If your pass breaks, be sure to keep the pieces and bring them to Guest Services and they will replace the pass for free.