3/21 - End of the season.

RootDKJ

Date(s) Skied: 3/21/2010

Resort or Ski Area: Blue Mountain

Conditions: Sunny springtime conditions

Trip Report: Another day of fun in the sun at for the last day of the season atBlue Mountain. Besides myself, Toast, AtomicSkier, Kevin, Justo, TMaki and Tarponhead to name a few were up for some sweet springtime runs. Good crowd today. Life was good today, good skiing, cold beer, lots of fun. Base was really taking a beating, so it was probably for the best that Blue closed. I stayed until almost 4pm. As I was walking out to my car, Jeff was just getting un-booted. Wow, what a great season. Best I've ever had. Thanks to the Sat/Sun mornings crew for keeping it fun, and thanks to Blue for keeping it real.

Good Morning Blue

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Toast

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

AtomicSkier

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Toast getting mad technical...

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Bumps on Challenge

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Go get it!!!

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

Razor's

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

KT and TMaki

IMG_0037.JPG

Justo

IMG_0038.JPG

Lazy Mile :(

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

Pimp style

IMG_0044.JPG

Nightmare

IMG_0048.JPG

Yikes!

IMG_0051.JPG

Pond skimming crowd

IMG_0072.JPG

Yeah, I'm sure that meets code :tinfoil:

IMG_0077.JPG

Last lift ride

IMG_0191.JPG

Again, I can't share just how awesome this season was at Blue. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about. I can't wait until next season.

• Like 2

Ok, I worked on this video until almost 2am! I think it turned out pretty awesome for my first time editing. I may just have to up my game for next season.

I got lots of footage of folks hitting the jump at pond skimming and otherwise wrecking themselves trying to skim it. For every person who didn't make it, at least two did. But who wants to see a video of everyone making it?

• Like 3

Damn those bumps look so nice! I wish I could have gotten a few more days in before they closed but I couldn't. So whens the Blue rail jam?

funny you ask that, cause they canceled it, which is a bummer because in the past, it's been a super fun event with a great turnout. yesterday was fun, i think we got a few decent shots so if i'm not lazy tonight i'll try and throw something together. not sure what the association is, but i won some dave and busters gift cards, so thanks to blue for saving me from buying lunch for two days.

Sweet job on the video... I was there down with Moondoggie.

It was a lot of fun..Too bad they closed the jump...It sucks...Some people could do inverts some couldn't . The racing lady that was running it was in front of me and didn't really like the comments I had to say...at one point they were like "No more inverts" and I talked to a few riders that said they didn't tell any of the riders at the top...At the point where they closed the jump it was funny how many people left the pond skim...It was all fun..

I jumped in the pond afterwords :)

Anyways...There is a few thousand pictures from this past season as well as the Pond Skim event located at http://moondoggiesnowsports.com Check them Out.