Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I hope you brought any tropical plants and exotic pets inside of your hotel house room.

Oh thanks for mentioning that yeah I brought my Okapi inside Berto is hanging by the vending machine next to a luggage cart that wasn’t returned and moved my Passion flower colony into the lobby 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Boner City 1

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It will be exciting to see what happens with this hurricane.  I have a couple FB friends down in the Tampa and Sarasota area and they’re freaking out and doesn’t seem like everybody evacuated.  There’s even a guy who lives on a boat in Tampa Bay who’s refusing to leave. 

The guy who lives in the boat apparently had to be rescued. Not cool as those first responders could have be helping people who weren’t dumbasses

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

The guy who lives in the boat apparently had to be rescued. Not cool as those first responders could have be helping people who weren’t dumbasses

I've heard
he was given a hotel and agreed to go (tik tok)
he stayed and was fine (daily mail)
he had to be rescued (you)

i don't know what to think at this point

Edited by Benm

2 hours ago, Benm said:

I've heard
he was given a hotel and agreed to go (tik tok)
he stayed and was fine (daily mail)
he had to be rescued (you)

i don't know what to think at this point

Are we talking about Lieutenant Dan with one leg?  I thought I read he stayed on the boat and it was fine.
I don’t believe any news these days unless I see it with my own eyes

• Like 2

On 10/10/2024 at 10:29 AM, JFskiDan said:

Are we talking about Lieutenant Dan with one leg?  I thought I read he stayed on the boat and it was fine.
I don’t believe any news these days unless I see it with my own eyes

There was an update on reddit where some dudes went down to see if he was alive and he was a ok. 

I truly believe in the too dumb to kill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I still saw people bundled up today when I was driving home from work and was 85 degrees.  This is not Indian summer, it’s the new normal. One of my friends still has his outdoor pool open.  

Maybe they were just headed to go ski at Big Snow where it is in fact always 28 degrees Fahrenheit 😇

Edited by DiMe

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

No offense Dime...but I think I'd rather be under 72 degrees and bright sunshine, surrounded by fall foliage, than at the mall ski area in New Jersey. 

No offense taken, I wouldn't enjoy it near as much if I wasn't partially a park rat at heart.  Can't knock it until you try it though.  You should try it with the Blue bumpers one time when they set up the bumps.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DiMe said:

No offense taken, I wouldn't enjoy it near as much if I wasn't partially a park rat at heart.  Can't knock it until you try it though.  You should try it with the Blue bumpers one time when they set up the bumps.

True. In my defense though when I went to a Patriots vs Jets game I popped in to check it out (I like how there's a bridge that leads from the mall to the stadium... actually a pretty cool setup). As for big snow itself, idk I wasn't feeling it. The indoor roller coasters and water park actually intrigued me more. I'm sure I'll try it at some point. Skiing, for me, is multi faceted ...50% (or more) is about the experience of being outdoors, on the mountain, in nature, that feeling of freedom etc. the other 50% is about the sport itself, the fun of flying down the mountain with 2 pieces of wood (or one) strapped to your feet....not necessarily the technicalities of it, more so pointing them down hill and just skiing. I hated certain aspects of instructing (when I did it) because they were so focused on the bullshit related to technique. That shit drives certain people. For me it's more than that. Sorry for the long post lol

• Like 1

On 10/24/2024 at 8:26 AM, RidgeRacer said:

True. In my defense though when I went to a Patriots vs Jets game I popped in to check it out (I like how there's a bridge that leads from the mall to the stadium... actually a pretty cool setup). As for big snow itself, idk I wasn't feeling it. The indoor roller coasters and water park actually intrigued me more. I'm sure I'll try it at some point. Skiing, for me, is multi faceted ...50% (or more) is about the experience of being outdoors, on the mountain, in nature, that feeling of freedom etc. the other 50% is about the sport itself, the fun of flying down the mountain with 2 pieces of wood (or one) strapped to your feet....not necessarily the technicalities of it, more so pointing them down hill and just skiing. I hated certain aspects of instructing (when I did it) because they were so focused on the bullshit related to technique. That shit drives certain people. For me it's more than that. Sorry for the long post lol

The owner of the Patriots Kraft is a legend.  I didn’t know who he was but he was at some Trump event. Amazing a little city like Boston has such a great sports team.