SKI ROUNDTOP

Galli

We went to RT (roundtop) twice for competitions last year. It has a very good park with a large following of year around active die-hard freestylers. Matter of fact the only local kids that Steezemachine has met that are going to camp this summer are from RT. It also has Nastar and regular weekend recreational ski races. I think Rountop should be added!!!

Only been once. But, RT has quality NASTAR, maintaining the toughest standards for handicaps in the region. Their course setter is an expert so their racing course is fun.

It's out of the way, so the volume is less, but IMHO it's a quality place, worthy of a slot.

Edited by skimom

This has nothing to do with how worthy a mountain is, or how big there park it. Its how many skiers there are from that area posting stuff about that area. There have been maybe 4 RT threads total all over this board.

Just get more people from RT then there will be no problem making a forum for it :)

This has nothing to do with how worthy a mountain is, or how big there park it.  Its how many skiers there are from that area posting stuff about that area.  There have been maybe 4 RT threads total all over this board.

Just get more people from RT then there will be no problem making a forum for it :)

27391[/snapback]

Thus far, this board is POCONOSKIANDRIDE more than PASKIANDRIDE. If you guys aspire to represent the state, a slot for the places to the west might make potential western posters feel welcome.

Thus far, this board is POCONOSKIANDRIDE more than PASKIANDRIDE.  If you guys aspire to represent the state, a slot for the places to the west might make potential western posters feel welcome.

27398[/snapback]

Shes right you guys. I think the same exact thing this technically is poconoskiandride.com. We have all the pocono resorts and mountain creek which is in NJ, but we don't have all the PA resorts here. I mean what about Seven Springs, Ski Liberty, Ski Roundtop etc. :confused

I think a good idea would be to have an "other PA mountains" topic with a sticky at the top specifically explaining that when a mountain generates enough interest It will be given its own topic and, if there is enough interest it will be moved to the main page. I think that a sticky post is a must because even though most of the people who have been here a while know how adding other mountains works, someone who just found the site probably will not. If they see that their home mountain is not represented they may lose interest.

I think a good idea would be to have an "other PA mountains" topic with a sticky at the top specifically explaining that when a mountain generates enough interest It will be given its own topic and, if there is enough interest it will be moved to the main page.  I think that a sticky post is a must because even though most of the people who have been here a while know how adding other mountains works, someone who just found the site probably will not.  If they see that their home mountain is not represented they may lose interest.

27404[/snapback]

Good idea! there are alot of other mountains, errrrrr..... hills like Spring, Alpine, Eagle Rock etc..