the pics from today thread

Justin

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And isn’t the rest of that American dream project doing poorly financially?  I heard the principals could barely meet their last debt payment. 

Probably not doing the best but more vacant storefronts do keep filling in and the place does get very busy overall on the weekends as a mall.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/business/2024/05/15/american-dream-mall-nj-sales-q1-2024/73698465007/

Edited by DiMe

5 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Whenever I go there, it’s like a culture shock. The amount of money in that area is obscene. 

Richest city in the world.  I bet lots of crazy rich Asians at that mall. Prob some of the same people as at Blue on holiday weekends in their $100k SUVs who even bring their own sleds sometimes. 

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And isn’t the rest of that American dream project doing poorly financially?  I heard the principals could barely meet their last debt payment. 

it sounds like its better than it was a year ago or so, but they were in such bad shape, it might be a pretty easy thing to say "things are better".  its like starting last in a race.....easy to go forward.  

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Richest city in the world.  I bet lots of crazy rich Asians at that mall. Prob some of the same people as at Blue on holiday weekends in their $100k SUVs who even bring their own sleds sometimes. 

For some reason when I'm there on the weekend it's usually 60% hasidic jewish families and the other 40 a mix.  In the food court around the holidays, once I was approached and offered a exclusive menorah deal.  It seemed kinda shady though, was a street type deal.

5 hours ago, DiMe said:

For some reason when I'm there on the weekend it's usually 60% hasidic jewish families and the other 40 a mix.  In the food court around the holidays, once I was approached and offered a exclusive menorah deal.  It seemed kinda shady though, was a street type deal.

That reminds me of my work cause I’m working with a 92 year old orthodox Jewish guy and on his first approval sketch he said that this menorah is meant for Hanukkah and there’s a different once he wanted. Sheesh..and it’s true they’re mostly rich…I know cause I’m one of the poorest Jews in my family but I’m The best skiers and only use my Judaism for business and getting girls with ski jump noses lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From yesterday. @Benm I was gonna text you but unfortunately I didn't get into the race until well after 100 laps in.  Sat in the car for about 4 hours, 2 at the entrance because Pocono doesn't know how to park cars despite the fact that they literally do this all the time. 

IMG_20240714_171124_HDR~3.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

From yesterday. @Benm I was gonna text you but unfortunately I didn't get into the race until well after 100 laps in.  Sat in the car for about 4 hours, 2 at the entrance because Pocono doesn't know how to park cars despite the fact that they literally do this all the time. 

IMG_20240714_171124_HDR~3.jpg

i heard traffic was extra fucked up.  also heard it was sold out, and skirmish had a big event.  The couple times i went, we were there by like 9, grilled up some breakfast and drank beer.  then watched the race.  then grilled some more, and left at like 9pm.  Traffic pretty much around any nascar race is a shit show.  Try Dover.  Backs up for miles from the track at like 9 am.  

you should have camped out.  you have a tent dont you?  

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i heard traffic was extra fucked up.  also heard it was sold out, and skirmish had a big event.  The couple times i went, we were there by like 9, grilled up some breakfast and drank beer.  then watched the race.  then grilled some more, and left at like 9pm.  Traffic pretty much around any nascar race is a shit show.  Try Dover.  Backs up for miles from the track at like 9 am.  

Getting out wasn't bad. It was just getting in. I actually do want to camp there but not during the race. I can't imagine watching the race from the infield is fun. Next time we're sitting higher. 

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Dan, this was beyond extra fucked up. It was bad. It took us three hours from Sierra view going 115 nb. 

Pic added. Mfers were walking 115 within 1.5m to the track. They beat us in. 

IMG_20240714_134630398.jpg

Edited by Benm

28 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Getting out wasn't bad. It was just getting in. I actually do want to camp there but not during the race. I can't imagine watching the race from the infield is fun. Next time we're sitting higher. 

Watching from the infield without a big RV, can't see shit. Camping is good tho if you want to pay for grandstand Tix. Big party. We've considered it, but dog.

22 minutes ago, Benm said:

Dan, this was beyond extra fucked up. It was bad. It took us three hours from Sierra view going 115 nb. 

Pic added. Mfers were walking 115 within 1.5m to the track. They beat us in. 

IMG_20240714_134630398.jpg

My delivery guy was there…he got there at like 8am. He said they had a rock climbing thing he did. Nice to see people are finally discovering the poconos.  Prob some famous people there. 

Met a famous snowboarder on hill today.  Its so awesome how the season is 365 days a year in the north east now 😇.  Hope to hit 100+ for 23/24 before the first US mountain opens for 24/25.

20240717_193646.jpg

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1

10 hours ago, DiMe said:

Met a famous snowboarder on hill today.  Its so awesome how the season is 365 days a year in the north east now 😇.  Hope to hit 100+ for 23/24 before the first US mountain opens for 24/25.

20240717_193646.jpg

That's rad. Maybe you'll meet me there in November. I'm kind of famous myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was it like a meet and greet?  You used to do YouTube for fishing and power lifting I think.  

No, he was just there riding.  He has a freestyle camp thing there this weekend for people that sign up so he was in town.

Lots of celebs show up there.  Even Kim Kardasian randomly comes through like once a month or two in the off season.

Edited by DiMe