Weekend and beyond

tnt

Ug.  weather looks terrible next week through X-mas.  The storm that will dump a foot out west will be two days of rain for us.  crap.

Looks like this weekend is best shot for local skiing till after x-mas.  Should have booked something in VT for the winter break.  Oh well.

Between what's open this weekend, I think Blue wins for Saturday.  C-back opened nile mile and king tut, which are family favorites, but the middle trails are junk, and probably will be the most crowded.  JF is 30 min. further (which is significant given my expectation that a 4-5 hours will be enough for everyone given he conditions and trail openings) but would be worth it if there was a shot at some man made snow in a few of the 'glades' on the edges just to make things interesting for a few runs...but not sure that will happen.

Right thing to do might be to head to the catskills, but i don't think I'm up for 3+ hrs. each way.

Oh well.  Probably back to Blue!  There are worse fates in life.

First of all if you are set on skiing Vermont over XMAS week you can likely find lodging away from the ski areas..I'm talking like Bennington for mount snow, Rutland for Killington...etc. depending on how much snow the local mountains can produce in the next few marginal nights combined with the forecasted rain Monday-Wednesday...we could be left with just a few local skiing options if any so you are smart to be sure and get it in this weekend before a possible suspension of skiing. Best local terrain is obviously Blue you answered your own question already. Camelback is kind of junky..jack frost is ok if you just wanna butter around I doubt the glades are gonna be skiable. Hunter is a good option if you want more variety of terrain and interesting terrain. Might be worth an overnight to make the longer drive more worth it.

I hope the weather forecast gets better but it usually doesn't..I think it's rained like 6 out of the last 10 XMAS's. 50s and rain next week with above freezing overnight temperatures reminds me of my favorite 90s video game..mortal kombat...blue mountain is getting beat up and is trying to fight back and the aggressor Mother Nature is about to say..finish him and deal blue mountain the death blow. Wait wow is blue mountain a man...wow makes me wonder...so wait does that mean that when I say I'm

Tangled up in blue...oh snap nevermind woo

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Brown was coming through a couple of places down low, Friday's low is 22 so they should be able to fix some spots, weather sucks next week but it won't close them just no new trails for awhile.

NAO and AO are going way negative, cold air returns with a wallop, dec 30/31ist highs won't climb out of the mid 20's.....book it.

• Like 3

Brown was coming through a couple of places down low, Friday's low is 22 so they should be able to fix some spots, weather sucks next week but it won't close them just no new trails for awhile.

NAO and AO are going way negative, cold air returns with a wallop, dec 30/31ist highs won't climb out of the mid 20's.....book it.

Nice...I need me some Razors, nightmare to Dreamweaver and Switchback!!!! Sort of blows for the ski areas who are gonna lose millions XMAS week.

#BrownEyeFirst

• Like 1