12/18...NPG

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a quick session at Blue mountain the true mountain. It was 37 degrees at 1130am when I pulled into the lower lot and there were only a few dozen cars but the lower lot is still season passholders only. Alot of people pulling into the lower lot and then turning around and going up to the summit lodge. A small amount of snow was blown on Razors, Paradise and Lazy Mile in the early morning hours. First run I skied Paradise and it was pretty smooth and winter like on the top 2/3 and only a few people. Bottom third was choppy semi springlike and lots of people. Homestretch definitely didnt set up and was slushy. Lower paradise and parts of homestretch are getting thin.

Lazy mile wasnt that good..pretty choppy and boarders all over the place. Usually weekdays are mostly mellow old people wearing fartbags and skiing on 15 year old Rossi bandits and Salomen x-screams and while they were out there were alot of young boarders out probably cause most colleges are on winter break. Everybody I talked to was out for their first day. A shame as conditions were NPG not particularly good. Rodney and his MILFs were out hanging out at the perch, making bird noises and parking lot pimping. Main Street was chop city probably the worst kind of spring snow. Not corn or slush just stuff sludge..with boilerplate on the lower left. I didn't ski the bumps. I ended up skiing paradise the most as it was most pleasent.

When I left at 1ish it was still 37 degrees and the predicted sunshine never materialized. Lets all hope it gets real cold tonight and especially tomorrow night so blew can blow a d the sludge can set up. I'll take icy death and sticky new manmade over thick sludge.

Real time reporting! On the Main Street chair now going to check out the park. Paradise was pretty good, haven't skied lazy cause why bother, the top 6/7ths is flat. Bumps are pretty nice. A bit scrapey but spaced and shaped nicely. Did a few laps with tarponhead and his harem who like to chat but are pretty solid bump skiers. If the park sucks I may dip and squeeze in a bike ride.

• Like 3

yuck.

Interesting point about college break...has me wondering about Saturday....

Looks like it should get colder tonight.  Here's hoping...

As long as it continues to stay overcast the temperatures aren't gonna drop much overnight...the forecast for today went from mostly sunny to partly sunny and its like 100% cloudy right now. Tonight is supposed to be mostly cloudy and low of 27 for the Lehigh valley..this morning it was supposed to go down to 29 and went down to 35ish. A disturbing trend. Moderate winds aren't helping drop the temperatures overnight either. We need clear sky's and calm winds for maximum radiational cooling.

I don't ever remember such a cloudy period. I think I've worn my sunglasses once out of my ten days skiing this season in the parking lot or driving up.

As long as it continues to stay overcast the temperatures aren't gonna drop much overnight...the forecast for today went from mostly sunny to partly sunny and its like 100% cloudy right now. Tonight is supposed to be mostly cloudy and low of 27 for the Lehigh valley..this morning it was supposed to go down to 29 and went down to 35ish. A disturbing trend. Moderate winds aren't helping drop the temperatures overnight either. We need clear sky's and calm winds for maximum radiational cooling.

I don't ever remember such a cloudy period. I think I've worn my sunglasses once out of my ten days skiing this season in the parking lot or driving up.

Got down below freezing in the lovely hamlet of dannersville last night. I thought lowers main was kinda fun! Park was meh though.

Leaving now to rack 3 carboys of beer. And the ladies like Justo.

Bumps were ok, nice surprise

LL cool J. Or somethin like that. Good takin a few laps with ya! When's that Sierra Nevada clone showin up at blue?

• Like 1