Anybody ever ski Revelstoke???

GrilledSteezeSandwich

except its a huge mountain with increbible skiing, not a depressed rural hell hole

I took you to the wrong place in VT that was out in the WOODS.

Expect about $1200 a month for a one bedroom in olde city or northern liberties. More in rittenhouse square. I hate parking in Philly. I usually spend $20 to park in a garage when I visit my friend.

Or a 3bd rowhome just outside of fishtown in kenzo for $1200 and get some room mates.

If you have the money for a down payment, a mortgage on a house in philly would probably be cheaper than monthly rent. I'm paying a little bit more now in mortgage, but my house is way bigger and nicer than the 1 bedroom I used to rent. Get yourself some roommates lined up and you could almost cover your mortgage on their rent alone.

If you have the money for a down payment, a mortgage on a house in philly would probably be cheaper than monthly rent. I'm paying a little bit more now in mortgage, but my house is way bigger and nicer than the 1 bedroom I used to rent. Get yourself some roommates lined up and you could almost cover your mortgage on their rent alone.

Congrats didnt know you were a homeowner...

for sure.  another reason why the suburbs suck...yard work

Unless Ned Flanders lives next store. Reminds me of the Ben Folds Five song rocking the suburbs.

I've never lived in the suburbs. Only the city.

allentown barely could be considered a city, more like a big town

Allentown has almost 120,000 people and is the third largest city in PA and is densely populated..according to google a town is usually less than 10,000 people and a city is more than that. Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton are all considered cities. Same with Wilkes barre, Scranton, Hazleton and Harrisburg.

coatesville has 13,000 people and is considered a city.  when i tell people i like city living, i mean major cities like Philly or NYC that have over 1,000,000 people.  i lived in wilkes barre for a few months and it fucking sucked. 

Edit: Both phoneixville and West chester have larger populations than coatesville, but arent considered cities.  weird

That is some weird wild stuff...being considered a city means more than just population. Other factors are involved like public transit, sewage system and density...but don't be a jackhole TP4...Allentown is definitely a city. A 34 story building is being built soon..towns don't have skyscrapers. There are also lots of urban folks who wear flat brimmed Yankee hats..

Concrete backyard sounds sick. You don't have to mow the lawn.

My yard is either up or down, no flat. Can't use a rider cause I would roll into the creek. I would only live in the city if I could do it without the hassle of a car (parking costs, fights over parking spots, vandalism, theft, car jackers, douchbags slashing tires ... ) , unfortunately skiing is tough without a vehicle, in the US that is, Europe might be different.

i guess i have a different vision of living conditions than most on here. i was in south philadelphia last night and was jealous of the people who get to live there. IMO the city of Philadelphia is the only good place to live in PA, the rest of this state fucking sucks. hell, chester county is pretty expensive. even a 1 bedroom in fucking coatesville is like $800/month smh

SMH...
  • Like 1

It's cool that you enjoy the city. I just don't think you'll get many people on board with that notion here on a skiing forum. I was born and raised in Philadelphia and would rather have my nipples chewed off by a pack of wild dogs than live in any major city. That's just me though. My brother was all about living in the city as well until my neice was born. That changed right quick.

Some of my best memories were growing up in Philly. Nothing against it. I just don't want to live there. Ever again. To each his own.

• Like 1

It's cool that you enjoy the city. I just don't think you'll get many people on board with that notion here on a skiing forum. I was born and raised in Philadelphia and would rather have my nipples chewed off by a pack of wild dogs than live in any major city. That's just me though. My brother was all about living in the city as well until my neice was born. That changed right quick.

Some of my best memories were growing up in Philly. Nothing against it. I just don't want to live there. Ever again. To each his own.

Actually I shouldn't say any major city... I do like salt Lake, Denver (except for the Broncos) and Phoenix (it's the desert yes, but skiing really isn't that far).

TP4 I didn't know you lived in the Bronx for four years. Wow

What I don't like about big cities is the amount of people. Just getting a slice of pizza in Philly you wait in a long line then when you get slice you wait in another line for a napkin. Has me shaking my challah...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

i know right, that much money to live in coatesville is ridiculous 

when i lived in the bronx the main reason i bought a car was to go snowboarding.  getting to camelback from the bronx is so fucking easy, easier than where i live in PA.  the first 4.5 years in NYC i didnt have a car and didnt need one.  however, the last 1.5 years there i had one and it was fucking great. driving 45 minutes to south brooklyn is so much better than a 2 hour subway trip

I always assumed driving in NYC was slower than public transit.