Injury

RootDKJ

Well hello everybody.  I haven't been around much because it looks like I'm done for the season.

I'm not quite sure how it happened but I have a pretty good guess that it started in early November while running at the gym.  At this point, it doesn't matter, I need to heal up.

I have a fractured talus bone.  Torn anterior talofibular ligament (most common sprained ankle type).  Damaged calcaneofibular ligament and an anterior talar head contusion.  The pain meds are fantastic btw.

I have some lift tickets to sell.  VT, Windham, Camelback, Gore.  Let me know if you're interested.  NMSki gets first dibs on everything.  

See everyone closing weekend.

hahaha I knew it you gotta drop 20ft out of the air and land directly on your heels to blow a talus skiing.....Cross fit is a bitch.

Seriously though heal up brother, blue just aint the same without you.

Ligaments should be no big deal, they are pretty standard and even grade 3 is mostly no surgery.

Talus is a bitch, it's mostly covered with cartilage so it heals slowly (8-12 weeks).

Hows your break ? If the pieces are mostly together and the surfaces are aligned you may get away without surgery, if not you generally get ORIF.

Shit sucks but crush that fucking PT, foot injuries and particularly a talus stick around and not in a good way if have bad luck or don't murder that pt.

Hopefully we ski until May and you'll be almost back to normal by then.

• Like 1

It was stupid.  Down hill sprints and I put my foot down in a slight depression in the road.  At the time I thought it was just a sprain, but now it seems like that was the cause.  It wasn't from skiing.  There's no way I could have done that going around the 1st left on Switchback (which is where I fell)  It's a deep hairline break.  Most likely I won't need surgery.  I've been doing the PT and the home PT exercises as well as a fuck ton of pull-ups and sit ups.  

Late April or early May is feasible but if it doesn't happen it just gives me more time to get stronger.  I may go up to VT in a few weeks and do some snowmobiling.  I miss the mountains and it's a good excuse to go Heady hunting again.

• Like 1

It was stupid.  Down hill sprints and I put my foot down in a slight depression in the road.  At the time I thought it was just a sprain, but now it seems like that was the cause.  It wasn't from skiing.  There's no way I could have done that going around the 1st left on Switchback (which is where I fell)  It's a deep hairline break.  Most likely I won't need surgery.  I've been doing the PT and the home PT exercises as well as a fuck ton of pull-ups and sit ups.  

Late April or early May is feasible but if it doesn't happen it just gives me more time to get stronger.  I may go up to VT in a few weeks and do some snowmobiling.  I miss the mountains and it's a good excuse to go Heady hunting again.

Excellent news dude, the no surgery on the talus is major.

You'll crush the PT and be back in business in no time, compared to your last year and half this is a walk in the park.

Heady ? hmmmmm you like barley wines ? I got an 03 DFH olde school I'd trade for a 4 pack of heady. What about sours ? Got a 2nd batch RR Temptation.......LOL have fun dude and come back next year strong.

It was stupid. Down hill sprints and I put my foot down in a slight depression in the road.

Get well man!

By the way, as an ex-long distance runner let me tell you nothing ever good happens from running downhill. Never. Unless you are road racing just don't go fast downhill . Don't.

Good thoughts at you and a quick recovery

• Like 1

Get well man!

By the way, as an ex-long distance runner let me tell you nothing ever good happens from running downhill. Never. Unless you are road racing just don't go fast downhill . Don't.

Good thoughts at you and a quick recovery

i told him this the day it happened. lesson learned. he's still an A+ stud muffin in my book.

• Like 1