3/7/15...cold fast crowded

Hey all,

Back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. Temperatures were in the single digits when I arrived at 7:32AM and Phillycore, Atomic Jeff, JLaw, JFDan, PARidge, Nastar Glenn and indiggio were all in the house. First civilian chair lots of people out opening bell. Challenge was alright a little choppy. Nightmare to dreamweaver and switchback were great early. I didn't ski Main Street. Lazy mile was fast enough and paradise was good but as the 9 o clock hour turned some boilerplate became exposed as there's a pretty solid layer under the new snow from the other day..

No serious liftlines during my session but various liftline people were out doing from a sucky to decent job but we miss Beau!!!! Today was similar to a Presidents' Day weekend or MLK crowd. Whoever got PARidgeRiders spot was super excited but then realized tubing is like 1/3 of a mile away. Crowd was generally Philly, NY, Maryland and NJ...big money day for Blue...the temperature was in the 20s when we were in the lot and it got cloudy and now 30 degrees in the valley. See everyone tomorrow!!!

That's funny about the people waiting for my spot. I even told them that it would be a few minutes. They could care less. They were just so stoked that they scored a good spot.  

The skiing was really good. NMDW was it's usual awesomeness. Challenge was good first run but quickly turned to shit. Skied it at 8 and it was great. Skied it again at 9:45 is it was a death cookie minefield. It transformed quicker than the first generation Megatron (the only Megatron that I recognize, not the bastardized version from the Michael Bay movies) when he needed to transform into the gun to attack the Autobots. Anyway I digress. The challenge bumps make absolutely no sense if razors isn't open. Anyway today was still pretty awesome. Switchback was also sweet. NMDW gets the nod over Switch for better visibility.

#freerazors #groomchallenge  #VivaNMDW

Wow, it sure didn't take long for everything to turn to shit today.
Challenge was definitely the worst.

Loss of Danny the groomer showed today with a crappy job on Challenge with what appeared to be a huge gap in grooming lanes, not to mention some ski patrollers taking up the entire width of the run!

All the bumps were like icebergs, no fun there.

Practically everything was skied off pretty quickly and without a lot of depth to the top, there wasn't much along the sides to ski.

Thought it was going to warm up during the day, but the clouds definitely help keep the temps down and it felt as though the temps dropped during the day.

ROTD was definitely Razors, unfortunately it didn't happen until about 3:30pm.

Since nobody had been on it all day, save the racers down the middle, the sides were in excellent shape and some very high speed runs were had.

Still loving those rollers!