snowboard instructor reccomendation

larrytbull

2 weeks ago My son took a private freestyle lesson at blue mountain.
The instructor he got was one of the blue mountain snowboard team coaches.

I have to say he was one of the best instructors I have seen.  My son learned so much from him in the 1.5 hour lesson.

If any of the few snowboarders on this board are looking for a good instructer.  Ask for Sean the snowboard coach. You will not be disappointed

:yes

here is a link to video after lesson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1aPGW_i3og

Edited by larrytbull
  • Like 3

Holy grail, my brother took one lesson at killy around 6 or so. When we went to pick him up he was beside himself about how mean they were. LOL

If I could find a private teacher that my kid would ski with I would provide them with a plethora of money.

You know one ;)

She hates men not of her age group, she wouldn't get her picture taken at school because it was some dude......when she gets over that I'll certainly keep it in mind.

Let me know if you are serious about it because I know a few good females that are "not men of her age group" haha

• Like 1

Let me know if you are serious about it because I know a few good females that are "not men of her age group" haha

For sure, I would tend to believe next year is when lesson's would be more useful. We are still mostly in the let's have stage mixed with I ain't listening to you dad.

I'm pretty sure obly two snowboards are on this site that ride blue. Tp4 and I, we are both interchangeably the best snowboard outside of the park that rides at blue.

-Dan was in that category when he used to regularly ride Blue as well...

Hahaha reminds me of when Johnny Style scolded me for talking about tombstones during Better Off Dead...

Interesting and expected with economy in decline

here are some multi year stats of entire snowsports

from sia  seems they all had some decline

http://www.snowsports.org/Retailers/Research/SnowSportsFactSheet

however i think that the above article you posted is correct, the avg age of the snowboarders has gotten older.

i think also interesting is, if you go by numbers  snowboarding is pretty flat over the last few years not growing, nor declining

skiing seems to be taking a bigger hit.

just under 11,000,000 in 2009  down to 9,000,000  last year

I read this as the economy has hit the sport.

less disposable income

Total Number of Snow Sports Participants

Season Alpine Snowboarding Cross Country

2013/2014 9,004,000 7,339,000 4,291,000

2012/2013 8,243,000 7,351,000 3,307,000

2011/2012 10,201,000 7,579,000 4,318,000

2010/2011 11,504,000 8,196,000 4,530,000

2009/2010 10,919,000 7,421,000 4,157,000

Edited by larrytbull

Do you think the dismal weather in Tahoe has affected numbers as well?? I only skied Blue and Jackson hole so far this season and both were busy but that represents about 1% of the industry.

they don't have this years numbers out.  But the entire west coast was a bust this year

huge sales on snowboards/ski equipment very early this year.  I am sure the numbers for this year are going to be significantly less than last year.

I am not sure the VT/NH/Maine  resorts can pull the same purchasing power the west/rockies have