today @ blue

zzslope

Skied blue this morning. The valley gate was half closed with a security guard sitting in a vehicle there.

The conditions were much improved from Sunday morning's extra firm conditions.  Paradise, nmdw,

razors, sidewinder, lazy, & switchback were all in nice shape. The top of challenge had some sugary

depth but skied fine, I heard main was the same but I didn't venture over that far. The bumps were still

frozen solid.

The day started out as a perfect cloudless bluebird day, about midmorning the clouds started rolling in,

and when I left it had flat lighted pretty bad. It will be a shame if this weekend is the end given the

amount of snow on the trails. Later.

Early afternoon was pretty perfect carve-able but fast everywhere but the bumps which were icy. Sleepy Hollow still nicely skiable. Chute had baby bump seeds on it that were more like gates than bumps. By 230 conditions were spring like, bumps had softened and the flat side of challenge was starting to get some piles.

No lines whatsoever even with only 6 pack open. 12 runs in 2 hours.

All the Mt personnel I spoke to were convincing that Sunday is last day for real without the reprieves we got last year.