3/27/15...best spring conditions of the season!!!!

Hey All,

I'm back from a corn harvest at Blue mountain the true mountain. I took my time getting up this morning as I was a little haggard from going out last night. Went to city view diner on the way for western omelette bacon coffee water rye toast and home fries with coffee and water. I pulled into Blue around 11:30AM and barely any cars in the lower lot and I let the security guard know I had a season pass. I was the only person parked in the PASR row. Nature called from big breakfast and coffee and I headed to stall number 3. First shit in ski boots since Jackson Hole. No bin for gloves but a hanger for jacket and I opened the vents on my 9 year old helmet cause that bathroom is steamy.

Out onto the snow around 11:45AM was snow cone snow at the base and people on the lift were racing about the corn snow but a little letdown that it wasnt that warm out. The good thing is that temperatures stayed above freezing overnight so even 40 degree temperatures and overcast sky's meant some sweet corn. The snow was fast until shuttle and homestretch and lower park where it was more slush than corn. I started off on Challenge as the bumps had been flattened and so it was nice skiing a wide challenge again and the piles of corn were so easy to fly through on my Mantras. I thought about taking the shiros out but my mantras are faster and wasnt slop. Razors edge to razorback to razors was the run of the day and I skied that at least half the time I was at Blue. The lip on razorback is pretty steep and I got my biggest air of the season on it. No kidding I sent that shit was in the air so long I rolled down the windows with my arms and then dropped down and got my eagle on.

Switchback has a pretty big skeet spot near the middle. Makes sense as they prob haven't blown on it in two months. Nightmare to Dreamweaver had some great corn on the right side where less people ski..both big turns were like my favorite color...Butter!!! Not to many familiar faces today at Blue. Roots buddy who smokes cigs and straight lines alot was there...alot of people on rentals as well. Lets hope that temperatures don't go as low as forecast tonight so conditions tomorrow will be similar I fear at least in the morning tomorrow the snow is gonna be slicker than snot!!!! It's just so water logged. The marquee route is still skiable top to bottom if you have rock skis and are good at root finding...ski everyone this weekend!!!

• Like 1