3/3/16...nice weather...gun show!!!

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 12:15pm and it was 30 degrees out under partly sunny sky's. A few minutes later Nazareth Jay arrived ready to shred the gnar. There were a decent amount of people at Blue, actually more than I expected but no real waits and the quad wasn't running. It was also demo day with about 8 tents setup in the valley area. First run was Switchback which wasn't that good..actually one of the few runs they weren't blowing on and it was pretty slick. We then skied Razors which was better than average..guns were blasting top to bottom giving a little extra cushion for the pushing.

Barneys bumps were chalky and icy..a bit of a challenge to control speed. Lower Main Street was pretty smooth. Paradise had nice snow but the guns were kind of annoying...while the guns on lazy weren't as bad..we did repeats of razors edge and Barneys bumps. Then Nazareth Jay peaced out and I spent the rest of my session lapping razors with a few forays into razorback. Just so nice to ski Pennsylvanians best run many times as it's usually closed for the race team. By my final runs the snow blowing was getting wet and the last two guns on razors before homestretch was blowing straight up stinging sleet. The parking lot was also muddy by the time I left. It was in the mid 30s at the base and around freezing at the peak.

With some natural snow overnight and more snowmaking, this weekend will likely have excellent conditions. I think they'll make Easter Saturday as long as we don't have anymore monsoons. post-512-0-62273900-1457036759_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-52374100-1457036780_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-95883000-1457036802_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

I don't know what was better today...the skiing or my 3+ hour long post skiing nap.

Indeed, Razors was definitely good. One time I went down and had to stop before last head wall. Goggles iced and couldn't see where I was going. Not sure if it was the route I took, or what was coming out of guns at the time.

Prob what was coming out of the guns...I just wipe goggles off while I'm moving..had to do it a few times..if I had the money I'd get goggles with windshield wipers. In the past blue rarely had more than a few guns blasting on open terrain. This season they've had to make snow when they can. There are on snow events scheduled through the weekend of the 19th so let's hope they are open at least that long. Think cold thoughts!!!!

6 hours after I got back from skiing and still in my underarmor woo