12/19/16...making night moves!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at around 6:50pm and it was 20 degrees with almost no wind. Atomic Jeff and JLaw pulled in a few minutes later and GSSucks was already there. Not many people at all maybe 75-100 cars in total. Unfortunately my night skiing goggles that Atomic Jeff gifted me a few years ago are scratched to shit so I used my bright light goggles so things were a little dark initially but I adjusted. Snow was generally smooth hard packed..not much sugar and just a few areas of boilerplate mainly on lazy mile especially the last sharp turn. Main Street was nice at the top and bottom and middle had some mini cookies. There were also a couple lights out which made things a little rowdy the first few runs but once I realized there were no pits infested with alligators it was all good.

After about ten runs or two hours we hit the upper lot and I had two dirt wolfs until about 955pm and made it home about ten minutes faster than the drive to the mountain. Didn't stop at sheetz or Burger King or White Castle or Popeyes chicken as I passed through the fast food oasis which is Whitehall. I'll be back tomorrow night same time same place. Boots were feeling great..pass worked so all

In all it was just another day in paradise. Snowmaking was taking place on the Chute, valley area and I believe Paradise. The consensus is maybe the six pack and valley by around Thursday.

Ski you later.

• Like 1

What do you like better? Firm bumps or firm groomers??? Last night was definitely the first ice I've skied this season. Ice is nice speed is good!!!

Way to get after it!!!

Firm bumps are tough but they make you ski with a flat ski and be on point with my absorption. I got in there today and I may have not done it well but I "got after it"

Scuttle butt is the valley is opening tomorrow. We shall see...

Edit: see I was late to the dance with the valley opening statement

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 1

Working a lot. House is a mess.....but gotta ski when you can, so definitely going Thursday.

I'm not going tomorrow..have an a ton of errands and Xmas shopping and need to save my energy for karaoke.

Damn traffic is bad took me 20 minutes solid to get from cedar beach Allentown to Whitehall diner.

I'm not going tomorrow..have an a ton of errands and Xmas shopping and need to save my energy for karaoke. Damn traffic is bad took me 20 minutes solid to get from cedar beach Allentown to Whitehall diner.

yeah, I noticed that too today. After the holidays everyone will stay home. I'm always glad when Christmas and New Years is over.
  • Like 1

I was on a conference call at work a few months ago and there was someone named Dominic on the call. I thought my line was on mute and I was singing "jiggity jig hee haw hee haw", then I realized I was not on mute and Dominic could hear me. Oops!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2