12/18/17 - Warmer, foggy

indiggio

I'm still here on a downright foggy morning. Drive up, visibility was like pea soup, but just as I crested the mountain, visibility got much better. Temp in the lot was 34 and the groomers were out in force, working on the big well at the top of Central Park and on the learning center hill. I. The house was Me, but Rodney rolled in as I was heading to the lifts and Tarpon is due any minute now.

First run was down Paradise to loosen up after a long day yesterday. Snow is almost hero, due to the temps and absolutely carveable. Had the run to myself.

Next ride up the 6, the cloud layer began to drop and the top shack was socked in. About halfway down Tut's, visibility cleared and went down Lazy. Snow was as good or a bit better than Paradise. They had a groomer out and the intersection with Sidewinder, I think they were fixing light bulbs.

Took a run down Challenge, which was a tad bit better than yesterday because of the temps, so you could at least get a bit of a carve going. Snow on the second drop was far better than the 1st headwall.

Clouds layer is still dropping. Made my way over to Main to check out the bumps. They did nothing to them, as expected. However they're a bit better than yesterday as the snow is a bit softer. Unfortunately the entire top section is socked in. The lower half of Main is beautiful.

Took a run down Come Around and Midway. They opened up the connector from Mideay to Burma, but I didn't bother with it.

Booting up...

9b73de72e391923fa870500846e755a9.jpg

I'm a winner!!

22a19ee563d2157c55c21330aea02b6b.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Forecast not real promising. Not expecting next weekend to be as good as this one was.

Expectations lol.......gotta embrace the yin and yang, the good and the bad.....some of the best night's I've ever skied was with straight up dog shit murder conditions......shit gets fun then just trying to see how fast and clean you can ski in such terrible snow

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Freaking awesome snow right now, but I gotta bolt and get shit done. Leaving the goods for Tarpon!

Looks like Blue got wind of Enjorales' meat, so they're bringing in competition! Step it up Enjorales!

69e6823f5a66a13817962ba49b4e7536.jpg

I didn't even notice that the little shit village was gone. I passed that truck struggling up the mountain as I was leaving this morning. 

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

I'm still here on a downright foggy morning. Drive up, visibility was like pea soup, but just as I crested the mountain, visibility got much better. Temp in the lot was 34 and the groomers were out in force, working on the big well at the top of Central Park and on the learning center hill. I. The house was Me, but Rodney rolled in as I was heading to the lifts and Tarpon is due any minute now.

First run was down Paradise to loosen up after a long day yesterday. Snow is almost hero, due to the temps and absolutely carveable. Had the run to myself.

Next ride up the 6, the cloud layer began to drop and the top shack was socked in. About halfway down Tut's, visibility cleared and went down Lazy. Snow was as good or a bit better than Paradise. They had a groomer out and the intersection with Sidewinder, I think they were fixing light bulbs.

Took a run down Challenge, which was a tad bit better than yesterday because of the temps, so you could at least get a bit of a carve going. Snow on the second drop was far better than the 1st headwall.

Clouds layer is still dropping. Made my way over to Main to check out the bumps. They did nothing to them, as expected. However they're a bit better than yesterday as the snow is a bit softer. Unfortunately the entire top section is socked in. The lower half of Main is beautiful.

Took a run down Come Around and Midway. They opened up the connector from Mideay to Burma, but I didn't bother with it.

Booting up...

I'm a winner!!

Why aren't you sitting in the middle of the chair. Two dings for you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I didn't even notice that the little shit village was gone. I passed that truck struggling up the mountain as I was leaving this morning. 

Holy crap.  i have walked from the lot to the ski shop 4 times now and walked right over the concrete they were sitting on, and didnt realize they were gone.  I never saw those things open ever.  Thats an interesting addition.  If Blue owns this item, my guess is it will barely be open, and barely make a profit.  If this is someone else's, they will make money with it.   not sure why they would bring someone else in to compete with the cafeteria, but remember its Blue. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Holy crap.  i have walked from the lot to the ski shop 4 times now and walked right over the concrete they were sitting on, and didnt realize they were gone.  I never saw those things open ever.  Thats an interesting addition.  If Blue owns this item, my guess is it will barely be open, and barely make a profit.  If this is someone else's, they will make money with it.   not sure why they would bring someone else in to compete with the cafeteria, but remember its Blue. 

For the longest time the cafeteria in the lower lodge at Blue wasn't run by blue mountains employees but another outfit.  Over the years there was a fried Oreo and funnel cake stand, fish and chips stand, coffee shack, Philly cheesesteak stand and pizza stand. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

For the longest time the cafeteria in the lower lodge at Blue wasn't run by blue mountains employees but another outfit.  Over the years there was a fried Oreo and funnel cake stand, fish and chips stand, coffee shack, Philly cheesesteak stand and pizza stand. 

Im out of touch with the food and beverage at Blue since we have our own personal chef.  i didnt know that about the food at the Valley.  I wonder how the "other outfit" feels about the fancy roach coach.  

Just now, JFskiDan said:

Im out of touch with the food and beverage at Blue since we have our own personal chef.  i didnt know that about the food at the Valley.  I wonder how the "other outfit" feels about the fancy roach coach.  

I don't think it matters to them as the lower lodge cafeteria operates all the time and I imagine the roach coach will only be open limited days and hours..the roach coach will be irrelevant to sales in the valley cafeteria just like the Waffle House doesn't affect things.  The lower cafeteria has things like hot dogs and chicken fingers that kids eat.  No kid wants a pit BBQ sang speaking of which back in the day Blue used to sell BBQ sandwiches outside the upper lodge for $5 each. I'm talking like 1995

The lower lodge caf gets absolutely mobbed on busy weekends, so this will hopefully help with thinning the crowds there and improving guest experience? I'd be willing to bet that the mountain is renting out that space for the food truck and/or taking a cut of income. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

Booting up...

I'm a winner!!

Quote for Saltyant

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My eye site isnt what it could be, and i read food isnt run by Blue.   Is the food at the Valley now run by Blue?  If so, then the high dollar roach coach makes sense.  

If the food is run by someone else, then the whole "no outside food thing" from last year makes alot more sense.  

19 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

My eye site isnt what it could be, and i read food isnt run by Blue.   Is the food at the Valley now run by Blue?  If so, then the high dollar roach coach makes sense.  

If the food is run by someone else, then the whole "no outside food thing" from last year makes alot more sense.  

I don't think it's run by Blue...it's a private catering company.