12/19/17 - Warmer yet, bit 'o drizzle

indiggio

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think I'm getting 170's. I'm on 168's right now.

Unless conditions improve by tomorrow, I think I'll pass on skiing until Sunday morning.

Tomorrow night should be fine. You don't ski mashed potatoes, icy conditions or in the rain. Wow just wow. 

Remember we're in PA the conditions are often less than ideal.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tomorrow night should be fine. You don't ski mashed potatoes, icy conditions or in the rain. Wow just wow. Remember we're in PA the conditions are often less than ideal.  

You guys mentioned "icy death". I'm ok with regular ice, but death ice is a no go. Remember, I'm still on entry level skis that don't edge well. An ice patch here or there doesn't scare me, but when the whole slope is ice that's kind of scary.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You guys mentioned "icy death". I'm ok with regular ice, but death ice is a no go. Remember, I'm still on entry level skis that don't edge well. An ice patch here or there doesn't scare me, but when the whole slope is ice that's kind of scary.

Make your turns in the sugar piles.  Anyway icy death is just a pseudonym for when it gets warm and gets cold again. Did you get your skis sharpened this season..I didn't.  

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Rode up with ski patrol. Said they will prolly make snow tonight. Should improve things a bit. Stopped in the tune shop. Hour wait to get skis sharpened. It is softening up a little. At least there are some piles to turn in now. 

Sugar sugar. What's cool about you momskeez is that even if conditions are bad you put in decent sessions. 

45 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Stopped in the tune shop. Hour wait to get skis sharpened.

I used to do pre-season tunes at Buckmans when they would have my skis for at least 2 weeks.  Then a disappointing tune at Alpina.  Every experience i have had at the Blue ski shop has been good.  Mounted bindings for me in half an hour like 2 weeks ago, but that was when the valley was closed.  Lots of people in there last weekend picking up and dropping off.  Seems like they are doing a fair amount of tunes.