12/21/17 - Lipstick on a pig

indiggio

My edges aren't sharp and I found tonight fun. I skied from like 7pm-845pm..skied Lazy first and it was the slickest run of the night.  I mainly skied with Matt edge, SaltyAnt and tele Matt.  MBike mike and Atomic Jeff were also in the house but began about 3-4 minutes before me and Edge so we were off cycle the entire time. 

Run of the night was the Main Street right side spine..lots of sugar.  I don't like sugar when it's deep and on the whole trail but when it's firm conditions a little sugar on the sides can be playful..Indiggio agrees. I skied the spine 5 times total and also skied midway once and it was decent.  Paradise was pretty good and I skied it twice..the Ridge ski race team is also back at Blue after a several year hiatus from Glen ridge NJ...

Temperatures were slightly below freezing and no wind so pretty comfortable..the guns were blowing some super wet snow on razors, sidewinder and a few other spots..had a few parking lot beers and was warm enough for no hat or gloves.JADIP..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On the way home. I thought the skiing was good tonight.  More to come later. 

I found little traction on Lazy today. Eventually escaped to Paradise, had a blast there. No patrol in sight.

That's what BM is good for. There's always an escape route :)

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Only one run on paradise patrol was doing drills and I skied extra fast to not let them ruin my run. 

Do they really eject people or only yell at them? And what if I refuse to surrender the pass?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, eaf said:

Do they really eject people or only yell at them? And what if I refuse to surrender the pass?

They haven't been strict since 2009 when me and Atomic Jeff had a sit down with Barb and the head of ski patrol..sure we all get whistled at but I haven't been chased in years and when I'm not so tired I'll tell the story of when me and Root got chased into the parking lot and drove off in our ski boots. 

• Haha 1

Tonight was pretty good. No traffic, and the snow was faaaaast. Much more fun than that slow snow crap when I have to exert energy. Tonight I exerted virtually no energy at all to get around, except for that one time when I took Connection to the upper lodge. Oh, and taking Burma was a mistake because they were blowing a lot of snow near the Main Street lift and I almost fell from a sudden loss of motion. Then I had to continue up a slight incline to get back to the 6 pack. But otherwise, tonight overall was better than I expected once I got used to the super hard pack.

Reminded me of when I went night skiing at Elk last year. Susquehanna was 100% hard pack just like tonight, but there were no piles of sugary snow at all. I was literally the only person on it all night, and I took my time skidding down. It was the slickest slope I've ever been on, but I got used to icy conditions from doing that run over and over.

Edited by saltyant

11 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I got second civilian chair and rode from 8:30 to 11:00.  Great day and I thought conditions were enjoyable.  However, I have never seen a mid week non holiday morning this crowded at blue before.  6 pack line went back to the scanners at 10:45.  

I think I rode with you, but I wasn't sure it was you, so I didn't say anything.  Sorry!