Xmas Eve and both expresses down

eaf

I thought conditions were pretty nice today, plus got to take a ride in MBikes truck. There were some lift issues, but with the ride up to the top, it didnt really do our day in by any stretch. I didnt wish at all once today that i was skiing at camelback.

have a nice evening. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Nice that there was no line on double through 1. Especially as Lazy and Main had best snow.

Great to have sidewinder back as a trail. One of my favs sans park. 

Got about the first civilian tracks on Challenge which was about as fast as it has ever been.

For all you ski at Blue you should hop onto the early bird season pass in February. 

Might consider it another year. For now the 4th/5th grade ski passport for kids is good no more than 3 days each place so it enforces hopping around.

Most tempting pass is actually Peak one with Frost / Hunter / Snow. Put a HSQ on East at JF and they would sell me one of those.

Main reason I chose Blue over CB today is only CB is open tomorrow. Was happy with my choice though 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty you stop for lunch??

Yes, I bought a hot dog for $3.17 and put yellow mustard on it. I forgot to ask if they have spicy mustard which is my preferred mustard type. Since there were no tables available, I had to eat my hot dog with yellow mustard while standing like some kind of animal. The best part of the day was when due to my Camelback Hero Pass and the Food & Beverage Discount, I saved 10% on my hot dog so I ended up only paying $2.85 and saved $0.33.

Edited by saltyant

Yes, I bought a hot dog for $3.17 and put yellow mustard on it. I forgot to ask if they have spicy mustard which is my preferred mustard type. Since there were no tables available, I had to eat my hot dog with yellow mustard while standing like some kind of animal. The best part of the day was when due to my Camelback Hero Pass and the Food & Beverage Discount, I saved 10% on my hot dog so I ended up only paying $2.85 and saved $0.33.

Did you ask for a refund gift card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I hate small talk with strangers and I like comfy seats with backs to them. I have to socialize with people enough all day long on the lift rides and that's enough for me.

I use headphones to tune out non-pasr people on the lifts. The bar has superior hydration benefits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I use headphones to tune out non-pasr people on the lifts. The bar has superior hydration benefits. 

Lol @ non-pasr people. I have headphones built into my helmet, so unfortunately people can't see that I have headphones in.

I'm straight-edge when it comes to alcohol. One year on new years I drank a whole bottle of vodka without mixing it with anything and pretty much blacked out. Haven't been a fan of alcohol since.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Lol @ non-pasr people. I have headphones built into my helmet, so unfortunately people can't see that I have headphones in.

I'm straight-edge when it comes to alcohol. One year on new years I drank a whole bottle of vodka without mixing it with anything and pretty much blacked out. Haven't been a fan of alcohol since.

Yeah, we’ve all done that. I’ve blacked out many a closing weekends. I think I puked last year too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yet another cluster-fuck of a day at Blue.  They had to have known the 6 had an issue and should have had the quad up and running for the open.
Then they just got the quad running and were waiting for clearance, when they got the 6 running again, so everyone made a bee-line over to the 6.

Early runs down Sidewinder were superb, with soft snow, but the temps seemed to drop and later runs were not as good, plus it was getting scraped off.
Also early runs down Challenge weren't bad before the racers took it over.

The sides of Lazy had good snow, I thought.

With the rain and temps predicted to the in the 40's with sunshine, I was hoping for much better snow conditions today, but they never seemed to materialize.
Barney's bumps were icebergs that made my knees hurt skiing them and the ridges were frozen solid from yesterday's rain.
Thought they'd get better after a lunch break, but the shadows were already covering them by the time we got back out.   They never softened.

I dinged Blue on FB.  Hopefully they'll take heed and get their lift ops act together by this week or else.

Yet another cluster-fuck of a day at Blue.  They had to have known the 6 had an issue and should have had the quad up and running for the open.
Then they just got the quad running and were waiting for clearance, when they got the 6 running again, so everyone made a bee-line over to the 6.
Early runs down Sidewinder were superb, with soft snow, but the temps seemed to drop and later runs were not as good, plus it was getting scraped off.
Also early runs down Challenge weren't bad before the racers took it over.
The sides of Lazy had good snow, I thought.

With the rain and temps predicted to the in the 40's with sunshine, I was hoping for much better snow conditions today, but they never seemed to materialize.
Barney's bumps were icebergs that made my knees hurt skiing them and the ridges were frozen solid from yesterday's rain.
Thought they'd get better after a lunch break, but the shadows were already covering them by the time we got back out.   They never softened.
I dinged Blue on FB.  Hopefully they'll take heed and get their lift ops act together by this week or else.

You’re negative this year. You okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You’re negative this year. You okay?

Well, the year's coming to an end, so I have to get the final dings in.
I'm also drinking Arrogant Bastard at the moment.

Also, while we were waiting for the quad to get going, George calls Blue to ask them if the shuttle is running. 
They told him "No, it won't start running for a few hours, why?" 
George tells them, "Well, both valley lifts are down right now", to which the Blue person replied "Really?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1