Xmas Eve and both expresses down

eaf

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Well, the year's coming to an end, so I have to get the final dings in.
I'm also drinking Arrogant Bastard at the moment.

Also, while we were waiting for the quad to get going, George calls Blue to ask them if the shuttle is running. 
They told him "No, it won't start running for a few hours, why?" 
George tells them, "Well, both valley lifts are down right now", to which the Blue person replied "Really?"

To be fair they probably didn't anticipate the lifts shutting down, and scheduled the shuttle driver to begin his/her shift later in the day when it got crowded. But they should have a contingency plan in place for if the lifts go down.

Really? Awesome. 130 waist right? Damn

Bibby’s at 118. I dropped them off to get mounted shortly after 8 this AM. They were done by 11ish. Same day mounts is pretty legit in my book. Took them out to make sure no issues with mount ( used my sons boot since we are the same size). If I get to roll with them a time or 3 I be happy. My official storm chasin ski
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Yes, I bought a hot dog for $3.17 and put yellow mustard on it. I forgot to ask if they have spicy mustard which is my preferred mustard type. Since there were no tables available, I had to eat my hot dog with yellow mustard while standing like some kind of animal. The best part of the day was when due to my Camelback Hero Pass and the Food & Beverage Discount, I saved 10% on my hot dog so I ended up only paying $2.85 and saved $0.33.

Great stuff I love hearing about what people eat for lunch.  It's my favorite part of Facebook.  

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Lol @ non-pasr people. I have headphones built into my helmet, so unfortunately people can't see that I have headphones in.

I'm straight-edge when it comes to alcohol. One year on new years I drank a whole bottle of vodka without mixing it with anything and pretty much blacked out. Haven't been a fan of alcohol since.

Stick with weed and booger sugar..alcohol is dangerous.  I haven't blacked out in awhile..I have had a few brown outs. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Great stuff I love hearing about what people eat for lunch.  It's my favorite part of Facebook.  

I can further elaborate on the hot dog. I originally thought it was going to cost $5.99 because I wrote that in a previous Camelback trip report. However, I checked out the lodge today when I got hungry after doing 30 runs on my RTMs and needed some energy to refuel. I checked the menu and could not believe it was only the basement bargain low price of $2.99 of a hotdog, and that price even includes bun and unlimited yellow mustard. But I'll again stress that I forgot to ask for spicy mustard, but as long as there's no ketchup and no mayonnaise on my hotdog then I'll eat it, even if it doesn't have yellow mustard or even spicy mustard. The hot dog bun was fresh and the hot dog itself was slightly charred, but I prefer my hot dogs and hamburgers to be somewhat well done instead of raw. So overall my hot dog experience was satisfactory, especially considering I saved 33 cents with my Season Pass.

53 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Bibby’s at 118. I dropped them off to get mounted shortly after 8 this AM. They were done by 11ish. Same day mounts is pretty legit in my book. Took them out to make sure no issues with mount ( used my sons boot since we are the same size). If I get to roll with them a time or 3 I be happy. My official storm chasin ski

In slush those will also be awesome as well. Do you have any ski trips planned?  Are you coming to Jackson hole as well?  I believe we are up to 6-7 people so far. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I can further elaborate on the hot dog. I originally thought it was going to cost $5.99 because I wrote that in a previous Camelback trip report. However, I checked out the lodge today when I got hungry after doing 30 runs on my RTMs and needed some energy to refuel. I checked the menu and could not believe it was only the basement bargain low price of $2.99 of a hotdog, and that price even includes bun and unlimited yellow mustard. But I'll again stress that I forgot to ask for spicy mustard, but as long as there's no ketchup and no mayonnaise on my hotdog then I'll eat it, even if it doesn't have yellow mustard or even spicy mustard. The hot dog bun was fresh and the hot dog itself was slightly charred, but I prefer my hot dogs and hamburgers to be somewhat well done instead of raw. So overall my hot dog experience was satisfactory, especially considering I saved 33 cents with my Season Pass.

When you went in for lunch did you lock up your RTMs or use ski check?  Another thing you might want to do is bring some pocket meat..just put some meat in your pocket or cheese and crackers..granola bar or whatever.  If you're thirsty can eat snow. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I’m so tempted to move this post to the diet thread. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When you went in for lunch did you lock up your RTMs or use ski check?  Another thing you might want to do is bring some pocket meat..just put some meat in your pocket or cheese and crackers..granola bar or whatever.  If you're thirsty can eat snow. 

Good question. I already used my SkiLock on my Elans, since I tested those between 7:40 and 8:30. So I did not have a spare SkiLock for my RTMs. Instead I turned in the Rossingol 84's I was testing, then ate my hot dog, and then the demo center was kind enough to let me take the RTMs out for the rest of the day.

Yes I need to start bringing some powerbars. I used to eat cliff bars for cycling but I no longer find them appetizing. I can try energy gel packets instead to save time.

• Confused 1

Yup was talking about that with my parents and they're so dumbfounded by it..not as dumbfounded as when I tried to explain datamining and crypto currancy. 

Good luck with that. My mom want to try weed and my dad thinks it leads to crack use or worse. 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Good question. I already used my SkiLock on my Elans, since I tested those between 7:40 and 8:30. So I did not have a spare SkiLock for my RTMs. Instead I turned in the Rossingol 84's I was testing, then ate my hot dog, and then the demo center was kind enough to let me take the RTMs out for the rest of the day.

Yes I need to start bringing some powerbars. I used to eat cliff bars for cycling but I no longer find them appetizing. I can try energy gel packets instead to save time.

What about a snickers bar..or a sandwich...it's not gonna be grilled or a panini but still could be good..ski area food except for nice resorts usually leave a lot to be desired.  Also crockpots are no longer allowed in the lodge at Blue..

In slush those will also be awesome as well. Do you have any ski trips planned?  Are you coming to Jackson hole as well?  I believe we are up to 6-7 people so far. 

Annual Whiteface trip with family 1st week of January. Western trip is taking my boys out to Big sky this year. Only four ski days but that’s ok (major bank flying 3 to Bozeman) Otherwise just going to TP4s favorite Vt ski mountain (got madcard) and hopefully another trip chasin storm to northern Vt.

Indiggio keeps talking about going to JH for a mini trip when you and Jeff are out there to shows us around. I don’t ski fast so don’t know how long I would keep up [emoji38]
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wonder if SaltyAnt would appreciate an impromptu backrub from NastarGlenn..lol..well done hamburgers terrible..

No thanks. I don't like other dudes touching me. I met NastarGlenn and he seemed like a really cool dude because he found it funny when I got a $39 gift card when they botched the lift line.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

Good luck with that. My mom want to try weed and my dad thinks it leads to crack use or worse. 

I've smoked with my dad a few times and my mom once..they know it's pretty benign and not as harmful as tobacco or alcohol. Most born before 1946 or so are anti weed..they were already full on grown ups when the hippie times happened so they didn't get into weed but did enjoy wearing leisure suits, having fat mulletchops and doing the hustle. 

• Haha 1

Annual Whiteface trip with family 1st week of January. Western trip is taking my boys out to Big sky this year. Only four ski days but that’s ok (major bank flying 3 to Bozeman) Otherwise just going to TP4s favorite Vt ski mountain (got madcard) and hopefully another trip chasin storm to northern Vt. Also bear my mogul challenge which finds a lot of the blue mountain diaspora there as well

Indiggio keeps talking about going to JH for a mini trip when you and Jeff are out there to shows us around. I don’t ski fast so don’t know how long I would keep up [emoji38]

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, tarponhead said:

Annual Whiteface trip with family 1st week of January. Western trip is taking my boys out to Big sky this year. Only four ski days but that’s ok (major bank flying 3 to Bozeman) Otherwise just going to TP4s favorite Vt ski mountain (got madcard) and hopefully another trip chasin storm to northern Vt.

Indiggio keeps talking about going to JH for a mini trip when you and Jeff are out there to shows us around. I don’t ski fast so don’t know how long I would keep up emoji38.png

Well we had a snowboarder with us the one year and my Montana friend Tom is slow as fuck he doesn't really know how to ski hardpack or groomers just chop and pow pow.  Big sky is cool..they're off to a good start..there's a good thread on the Teton gravity research forums that is devoted to southwest Montana. Indiggio should go to Jackson hole..if I paused for a split second he'd fly past me..I could see Indiggio catching major air off some of the cat tracks...he'd fly higher than a kite on crazy glue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yep same issue here. I go 50 mph and they're still way ahead of me. Maybe I can generate more speed on my RTMs but not enough to keep up with those guys.

I don't believe you were going 50mph on Main Street those apps are not accurate. I'll try to borrow a radar gun or just purchase one this season..fastest I've gone is above 80mph at Jackson hole for sure...that's scary fast 60-65mph is comfortable fast cruising for me out west..mid to high 50s at Blue..I hit 64mph on razors the radar gun day on razors. Atomic Jeff hit 74mph..

I don't believe you were going 50mph on Main Street those apps are not accurate. I'll try to borrow a radar gun or just purchase one this season..fastest I've gone is above 80mph at Jackson hole for sure...that's scary fast 60-65mph is comfortable fast cruising for me out west..mid to high 50s at Blue..I hit 64mph on razors the radar gun day on razors. Atomic Jeff hit 74mph..

Yeah who knows. I regularly hit 47-49 mph, but sometimes the app shows straight lines when it loses the signal, so maybe that skews the speed calculation.