12/19...Gun Show..mad PASRs!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720AM and it was 8 degrees and in freezing fog.  In the house were JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Root, PARidge, BenM, MBike Mike, Mrs. Snowbunski, Enjoralas, Pops, Enjorales cousin, Eddie, Falco, Charles, Rodney, Drew, Antman, Slim, Ryan, Mute, NMSki, Salty, Bethleham Ford Guy and many others. 

As we hoofed it out to the six pack it wasn’t open yet so began on the quad..first civilian four pack second day in a row for the PA skiing historical society..has to be some sort of record.   The ride up was icy and cold with guns a blazing.  First run was Main Street and it was kind of funky and chunky on top..lower left was smooth..shuttle had some amazing freshies and home stretch was mad technical Yo!!

Lazy mile had nice snow a little soft and then into the fog in Falls which I seriously picked my way down cause I CSS couldn’t see shit. The race kids were out for the first time this season but no gates set up for them. The Chute opened today..looked icy AF so didn’t ski it..one run on Tuts a snowsnake grabbed my pole and I had to go back up and grab it. I probably burned off half of a Doritos. I skied Burma and back as well and the full lazy mile. 

I skied till 930 and was covered and smothered with manmade Poe as the snowmaking cannons were cranking out sneaux in Paradise, Razors, Challenge, lower park and many other runs. The parking lot was fun..had some beer and chips and it was up into the 20s which was still chilly but warmer than earlier.  Pops even bought a pizza from the one food stand and the slice I had was MSY mad Steezy yo..all in all it was JADIP just another day in paradise and I’m thinking the bakery on Paradise will open tomorrow for fresh cookies..bring your own milk. 

B732ECDC-2CB3-4D29-8356-940459F6A56F.jpeg

9D7120CE-3544-43DC-8BB3-9253039DDE64.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 2

Two things...

1. That was my brother who LEFT HIS TRUCK DOORS OPEN!! Bro, seriously?!?! Everything was accounted for, luckily. 
  2. Big shoutout to the pissant BMR kid who completely took my heels out from me on lazy mile, sending my flying backwards whip lashing my helmet off the snow. Karma will not be kind to you, maggot. 

other than that, great day on the snow. Temps weren’t bad, the snow held up really well and my brother did really good for his first time. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Two things...

1. That was my brother who LEFT HIS TRUCK DOORS OPEN!! Bro, seriously?!?! Everything was accounted for, luckily. 
  2. Big shoutout to the pissant BMR kid who completely took my heels out from me on lazy mile, sending my flying backwards whip lashing my helmet off the snow. Karma will not be kind to you, maggot. 

other than that, great day on the snow. Temps weren’t bad, the snow held up really well and my brother did really good for his first time. 

Have to always beware the BMR!

• Sad 1

The lower lodge coffee is $3.80 for a large but I buy one sometimes for convenience, so I dont have to drive anywhere. Not anymore.

The milk disbursement machines are out of order, for some reason. Probably for the whole ski season. They took the button things out.

Now the cashier who touches everyone's money, cards, season passes, etc. will hand me 5 or 6 creamers, 3 sugar packs, and a packet of plastic utensils to stir the coffee. I literally just took the knife out to stir my coffee and didnt even use the fork, spoon or napkin. I guess coffee stirrers arent in the budget. So ok, give me a whole packet of utensils for 1 knife and I'll just throw the rest out. OK.

We cant even be trusted to get our own coffee confectioneries anymore. Sad!

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

The lower lodge coffee is $3.80 for a large but I bought one today. Not anymore. The milk disbursement machines are out of order, for some reason. Probably for the whole ski season. They took the button things out.

Now the cashier who touches everyone's money, cards, season passes, etc. will hand me 5 or 6 creamers, sugar packs, and a packet of plastic utensils to stir the coffee. I literally just took the knife out and didnt even use the fork, spoon or napkin. I guess coffee stirrers arent in the budget.

We cant even be trusted to get our own coffee confectioneries anymore. Sad!

Complaining again? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

ok.

Blue did well with the skiing today.  Sure there were some cookies on Main St, and sure 1/3 of the Main St chairs were going up empty due to inefficient loading. Someone behind me actually complained about that. I didnt really care that much since the line wasnt long yet.

But most of the trails were nice, there were almost no lines at the quad and six pack at 10 am, and the early fog lifted and we got a magnificent view of the mountains.  Best of all we didnt have to stand in line for a lift ticket or season pass for 2 hours. 

I give Blue a solid B+ for today.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty we are in the middle of a global pandemic you have to make adjustments.  Did you at least save 10% with your season pass??

My adjustment is I'll go buy a thermos and milk from a grocery store and bring my own coffee.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many 1/2 and 1/2 creamers do you use in a cup of Joe?  

I had to get 5. It was a lot of extra work opening 5 individual 1/2 and 1/2 creamers and then discarding them, etc. There are milk dispensing machines for that. Plus there was virtually no one in the cafe. Hell, people can use a napkin to push the button if they're afraid of catching covid from the coffee dispensing machine. They pumped gas to get to Blue, surely someone touched the pump a few minutes prior.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you at least save 10% with your season pass??

Yeah I think it cost around Three Fitty and I saved a few pennies. The cashier didnt even scan my season pass, she just looked at it. What if it was counterfeit???

Edited by saltyant

15 hours ago, saltyant said:

Yeah I think it cost around Three Fitty and I saved a few pennies. The cashier didnt even scan my season pass, she just looked at it. What if it was counterfeit???

I can guarantee you no one is making a counterfeit season pass to save 10% in the cafeteria 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1