Ski help for adult

JC1

On 2/3/2022 at 1:19 PM, JC1 said:

Looking for an avid skier able and willing to help an adult new to skiing Feb 12 at camelback lift and time covered 

I just read this topic this morning. Just curious, did you manage to get a lesson at Camelslack? Seriously, if you need a beginner lesson, I’d go to Bear Creek. It’s a lot smaller and much less intimidating. 

• Like 2

I think the trolls chased @JC1 away. I'd be up for helping out a new skier for an hour or two, but I don't really want to pay $99 for a Camelback lift ticket and I couldn't justify taking a lot of money from someone new since I'm no where near a ski instructor. I know enough to get someone started at least but would prefer Blue, Jack Frost or Big Boulder since I have passes for those.

Edited by saltyant

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think the trolls chased @JC1 away. I'd be up for helping out a new skier for an hour or two, but I don't really want to pay $99 for a Camelback lift ticket and I couldn't justify taking a lot of money from someone new since I'm no where near a ski instructor. I know enough to get someone started at least but would prefer Blue, Jack Frost or Big Boulder since I have passes for those.

I think JC1 is a troll... Salty JC1 said lift ticket would be paid for. I’ll teach your sister how to ski for free.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think JC1 is a troll... Salty JC1 said lift ticket would be paid for. I’ll teach your sister how to ski for free.  

$99+ for a lesson from a non instructor is quite a lot. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I learned to ski myself though if I had an instructor I probably would have learned faster

Just now, saltyant said:

$99+ for a lesson from a non instructor is quite a lot. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I learned to ski myself though if I had an instructor I probably would have learned faster

That’s not a lot for a private lesson and maybe the OP was hoping an instructor from another mountain could come to camelback for the day. I think it’s hard to become a really good skier if you learn to ski as an adult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@saltyant I hope you can help this petite blonde woman newbie out.  First give her a warm greeting and maybe some captains wafers or fun dip. Help her get her rental gear...you can help her put on her boots...teach her how to get into her skis...go over the pizza and French fries thing.  You might even find love..fa la la la la 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant I hope you can help this petite blonde woman newbie out.  First give her a warm greeting and maybe some captains wafers or fun dip. Help her get her rental gear...you can help her put on her boots...teach her how to get into her skis...go over the pizza and French fries thing.  You might even find love..fa la la la la 

The blonde is OP's friend. We know nothing about OP. I just like helping people and making extra bank since I'm a big spender like Ski2Live

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Plus you can high five a camel..maybe even a cameltoe

Idk, dishing out $198 on 2 lift tickets to ski a bunny slope sounds cray cray. We should just go to that hill by Hazleton you skied down, it would basically be the same thing except free

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Idk, dishing out $198 on 2 lift tickets to ski a bunny slope sounds cray cray. We should just go to that hill by Hazleton you skied down, it would basically be the same thing except free

Not everybody cares about money...shit we all spend at least a couple thousand a year on skiing what’s a couple hundred to learn. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s not a lot for a private lesson and maybe the OP was hoping an instructor from another mountain could come to camelback for the day. I think it’s hard to become a really good skier if you learn to ski as an adult. 

Yes, it is hard to learn as an adult. Probably not too hard when you’re in your 20’s. But if you wait as long as I did, you really need patience. And you will fall a lot more than you want to. I went skiing the first time thinking I would go 2 or 3 times a year…how silly is that? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Yes, it is hard to learn as an adult. Probably not too hard when you’re in your 20’s. But if you wait as long as I did, you really need patience. And you will fall a lot more than you want to. I went skiing the first time thinking I would go 2 or 3 times a year…how silly is that? 

Well for some going skiing is like going to an amusement park or a sporting event, an occasional activity. Others fall in love with the sport.  

• Like 1