Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i found this over at Alpo Zone.  i think this is a $99 ticket, for 2 days.  1 day is anytime, and the 2nd day is for after April 1st.  if that is truly the case, thats a screaming deal.  Jump on it if you arent Ikonic.   

https://shop.sugarbush.com/s/lift-tickets/multi-pack-tickets/p/tbd-2425

That is a screaming deal for the unikonic, I'd highly recommend!  This April was absolutely amazing up there.  3 significant storms early in the month.  I know they did the $99 thing almost every year.  Not sure if the bonus spring day included with each one is a new thing or not.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 3:13 PM, JFskiDan said:

i found this over at Alpo Zone.  i think this is a $99 ticket, for 2 days.  1 day is anytime, and the 2nd day is for after April 1st.  if that is truly the case, thats a screaming deal.  Jump on it if you arent Ikonic.   

https://shop.sugarbush.com/s/lift-tickets/multi-pack-tickets/p/tbd-2425

Hmmm...I may grab one of these.

Smart way for them to get some upfront revenue and that is a really good deal and incentivizes doing a spring trip which also keeps the mountain busier in spring which is good for the Vibes.  

Blue used to have a spring fling deal which I really think they should bring back.  If you purchase a ticket late February/early March…you receive 50% off your next visit. Similar to the frequent skier card model…

I’m starting to miss skiing.  I already get up early everyday anyway might as well drive to blue. 

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my season pass yesterday and today stepped in a 1’ deep hole in the grass in my backyard rolled my ankle and heard a crunch. Beer sedation but hopefully nothing permanent. 

With Big Snow option when does 24-25 season officially start? Hmmm? 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Picked up my season pass yesterday and today stepped in a 1’ deep hole in the grass in my backyard rolled my ankle and heard a crunch. Beer sedation but hopefully nothing permanent. 

As unofficial stats manager I always thought September 1st at least when it comes to stats here. So any summer skiing in July and august is 23-24 and September-august 2025 is 24-25…august wow well mammoth was open last year in august that was still the 22-23 season now we are going way back in time. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 6:56 PM, AirheadD8 said:

Hope it’s nothing. Ankles can be problematic. Sprains can take forever to heal. RICE for now and definitely try to stay off it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Hope it’s nothing. Ankles can be problematic. Sprains can take forever to heal. RICE for now and definitely try to stay off it. 

Much better today thanks, I had lots of pain running up to my knee. I was concerned about that, it messed up my gait which I hoped wouldn’t end up causing back problems. I’ve had low back issues in the past but have been doing some exercises that have helped a lot. 

rumor circulating  Killington was sold.  Just like Elk. 

i heard it was a package deal, but first powdr had to aquire Elk through a shell company, becuase the Moores would never "sell out" to the big corporations.  Alterra is the buyer.   

• Like 1

Hasn't been changed on the county parcel map yet.

SusquehannaParcelMap-ElkMountain.jpg.ae8f8b18432f61770225a13d302c96e9.jpg

Just the bolder type and size of "Altera" on the Name line make it look suspicious. Plus they likely would make a new corporation for the ski area and it wouldn't be under "Altera". Altera would be the holding company.

14 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Hasn't been changed on the county parcel map yet.

SusquehannaParcelMap-ElkMountain.jpg.ae8f8b18432f61770225a13d302c96e9.jpg

Just the bolder type and size of "Altera" on the Name line make it look suspicious. Plus they likely would make a new corporation for the ski area and it wouldn't be under "Altera". Altera would be the holding company.

But you didnt pick up on the fact that i spelled Alterra wrong?

i was going to retype all of the lines so the font matched, which i spent way too much time trying to find one close, but then someone came in with home made cookies so i just wrapped it up.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

But you didnt pick up on the fact that i spelled Alterra wrong?

i was going to retype all of the lines so the font matched, which i spent way too much time trying to find one close, but then someone came in with home made cookies so i just wrapped it up.  

classic. 

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Just got my $50 gift card from Blue! Timely because the ski season stoke has been creeping up slowly but surely.

The snowmaking upgrade videos have been good for stoke as well. Happy to see they are putting the new fan guns on Falls. They need to get that open as soon as the base +Lazy opens for flow purposes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

The snowmaking upgrade videos have been good for stoke as well. Happy to see they are putting the new fan guns on Falls. They need to get that open as soon as the base +Lazy opens for flow purposes

Don’t y’all like skiing the whole mile and making that turn onto shuttle then skating back to homestretch lol

• Haha 1