Town & Country - Stowe

I know GSS and I both stayed here.  I stayed here once when my Sugarbush condo was being renovated in 2011 and there was nowhere else open in the fall, and then a second time in 2014 when I hiked the Long Trail.  I know when GSS did his annual trip to VT back in the day this was an annual stay for him.

Apparently it sold the first time in 2018.  Those owners were awesome.  I came in off the trail soaked to the bone at 10 AM asking for a room when check in wasn’t until 2 PM and not only did he let me in early, he had me in the computer system from 3 years earlier and cut my rate 40% for being nice enough to think of him when coming back to the area.

It needed an overhaul in 2014, so I’m sure this is well overdue, but it’s still sad to see something else affordable sold at a high price and overly gentrified.

https://www.vtcng.com/stowe_reporter/news/local_news/town-country-stowe-resort-gets-refresh/article_b667f7da-588f-11ee-96a7-6300bacddf73.html

• Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed there for as low as $50 a night but usually I paid $69-100 a night granted it was in 2010 but still that’s cheap for a richie rich Vermont ski town..I remember in the pre IPhone days writing my reports from the public computer in the lobby, taking safety breaks with Dime back behind the hotel and entertaining Johnny Style and Melissa there as well. 

The 49er at Jackson hole used to be super basic, the old lobby was tiny and several years ago they did a total overhaul and upgraded the whole place…some of the old blue recliners are still around.  The upgrades were before 2018 when @mbike-ski was sending it into the pool after a gallon of suds.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I stayed there for as low as $50 a night but usually I paid $69-100 a night granted it was in 2010 but still that’s cheap for a richie rich Vermont ski town..I remember in the pre IPhone days writing my reports from the public computer in the lobby, taking safety breaks with Dime back behind the hotel and entertaining Johnny Style and Melissa there as well. 

The 49er at Jackson hole used to be super basic, the old lobby was tiny and several years ago they did a total overhaul and upgraded the whole place…some of the old blue recliners are still around.  The upgrades were before 2018 when @mbike-ski was sending it into the pool after a gallon of suds.  

2018-01-3119_17_12.thumb.jpg.938fb552aec04c2358a32519c3011a48.jpg

this pic was actually from the pre pool prep

• Like 1
  • Haha 1