Ski Season 24-25 Thread

saltyant

I just remembered I need new poles. I don’t know if anybody noticed but my old poles got bent and became kind of sticky and one of them finally snapped in half in the last corner of burma  closing day.  I ended up just using a pile of similar length I found under the lift but now I need new poles.  

RIP yellow poles 2013-2024 always remembered never forgotten 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just remembered I need new poles. I don’t know if anybody noticed but my old poles got bent and became kind of sticky and one of them finally snapped in half in the last corner of burma  closing day.  

I remember lol. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/405099672703?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=405099672703&targetid=2299003535955&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9006933&poi=&campaignid=21214315381&mkgroupid=161363866036&rlsatarget=pla-2299003535955&abcId=9407526&merchantid=6296724&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD_QDh8DGNozj46iqBnbmsKBjNMKs&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo7qO9NzCiAMVA0hHAR3hahr9EAQYASABEgLnyfD_BwE

I’m still using these grips, when I need new poles I buy some with the same diameter and swap grips. They don’t trap your thumb if you have to bailout. I hang them on the bar when riding the lift. 

Still loads for sale online and the plastic is still flexible after 40yrs. 

• Like 2

Booked flights to Steamboat last night. $330 round trip out of PHL. Would have been $70 more expensive to/from DEN, on the same planes. Always interesting when that happens. I usually don't see it on Southwest.

Also booked just in time. Almost $100 more expensive right now. Of course, my booking 5 seats probably helped push that up.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Booked flights to Steamboat last night. $330 round trip out of PHL. Would have been $70 more expensive to/from DEN, on the same planes. Always interesting when that happens. I usually don't see it on Southwest.

Also booked just in time. Almost $100 more expensive right now. Of course, my booking 5 seats probably helped push that up.

Nice your kids will be pumped

19 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Always interesting when that happens. I usually don't see it on Southwest.

Speaking of Southwest, I don’t like the idea that they are going to start assigning seats. I also heard one of their stockholders wants to start charging for bags.