Short Jib Video

DHarrisburg

it was a nice edit but if ur that little kid ur fucking anoying.i was goin to shoot myself at the end :banghead

Nope, not the little kid. In his defence the two shots of him not snowboarding (specfically the GNARLY and the wah I want my mommy shots) are jokes and he wasn't serious.

Also he's awesome :)

uhh it isnt working for me it says that the compression used couldnt be found or something

It's just a regular Quicktime file rendered from FinalCut.

haha i agree that kids annoying..

anywho the video is pretty sick.. i see you guys are throwin down nice slides to 270 out.. thats what im plannin on learning and getting down this winter.. any tips?

It all depends on what boardslide you want to do and what way you want to spin out. Here's some general tips if you ride regular (if you're goofy, just reverse);

Forward Facing (Back Board)

Pretzle: It helps to do more of a back noseslide than a full on back board. Keep your weight on your left foot and press a little on your nose. Keep your left shoulder a little ahead of your right shoulder. When you get to the end of the rail, nollie out of the noseslide and throw your back shoulder clockwise.

Same way: Personally, I find sameways out easier if you do a front lip or front tailslide. Keep your weight on your right foot, and try to keep your right shoulder a little in the lead. When you get to the end of the rail, ollie out of the tailslide/lipslode and throw your right shoulder counter-clockwise.

Back Facing (Front Board)

Pretzle: First, you need to do consistant front board to regular. If you're doing completely blind front boards to fakie, you won't be able to do this trick that easily. Once you can do front board to regular consistantly, try doing front noseslides to regular. To preztle out of a front nose/front board, keep your shoulders completely squared up with the rail (or as square as you can get). The idea is that you want to keep your waist and legs front board, but your torso and shoulders still facing down the rail*. When you get to the end of the rail, you need to unwind your body. The hard part is only unwinding your bottom half and keeping your top half in the same position. If you skate, an easy way to imagine is to think of doing a front 180 without moving your torso, just your legs. Otherwise, try to nollie out of the front nose with your legs, then whip your legs and waist counter-clockwise while opening up your upper body to the landing.

*Sidenote: A real good way to practice keeping your bottom half independent from your top half for front boards is to do back shiftys off jumps. Practice that enough and you'll start to correlate the motion with doing front boards.

Same way: Much like the other tricks, you are probably going to have to learn a new trick to do a sameway out on a front board. This trick is the complete opposite of a pretzle out (duh). Rather than keeping your shoulders squared up, facing the landing, you want to go completely blind ASAP. Ollie, get your nose over the rail, and try to slide the rail closer to your right foot. Once you touch the rail, you want to turn your head clockwise and just pretend you're doing a switch front board. One thing that helps is to pretend as if you're smelling your own right armpit. Stretch your head around so you can see the end of the rail. When you get to the end of the rail, turn the rest of your body to match your head. Your body should naturally unwind and your left leg should come around front.