Hey '999 guess what where doing...

skidude

Man and the only picture of me is my back at Hunter that's on DMC's hunter report from 11/19/05. When do the ski team races start?

They ones in NY/VT have started all ready. I am going to 2 in NY on the 23/24 and a 2 day race at MC on the 29/30. PA CUP races start a few weeks after that I think.

Are there many college scouts at the Vermont races?

A junior racer's life is defined by his/her points.

Baseball is heavily scouted because you look beyond stats like batting average and strikeouts...a high school pitcher may not have many strikeouts, but he may have great stuff that can still be developed. Same idea with basketball, really, since the college years are the real time of development; few players can skip college to go right into the NBA.

Ski racing is fairly unique in that a racer almost completely controls their own destiny. Any CAT member has the opportunity to enter a race like the one held today at Sunday River. As a matter of fact, there is a former CAT girl that I'm currently watching her live split times in Live Timing:

http://www.live-timing.com/race.php?r=1303&u=10&pc=1&maxr=10

If she were to win this race, then get a start spot in a NorAm and win that, etc...she could ski herself right onto the US Ski Team.

Unlike NASTAR---which isn't even accurate day to day at the same slope---the USSA and FIS point system is incredibly accurate and pretty much nails down exactly where any kid stands among their peers from across the US, as well as internationally.

The former CAT racing today, btw, was in 57th place after the first run and her second run will be in about 15 minutes.

i dont know about scouts but there are alot of college racers

Yep, J1's are 17, 18, 19 yr olds...

yeah, omg those skis are amazing, they make is sooo easy, they like turn for you(which makes practicing GS turns hard) and cut through anything because they are heavy(which i was first scared about when i picked them up), I LOVE THEM!

Glad you like them - the 'dude said you looked terrific in them...

Any CAT team member? Are there any open races like the one above that a J4 can enter?

My understanding is as long as you stay in your region (as opposed to your division which is PARA) you can enter him in any J4 race. You should have received a competition guide which covers all that. If not, going to the USSA site and looking for Publications should take you to the comp guide page.

My understanding is as long as you stay in your region (as opposed to your division which is PARA) you can enter him in any J4 race. You should have received a competition guide which covers all that. If not, going to the USSA site and looking for Publications should take you to the comp guide page.

Yes, and you sure wouldn't want to put a J4 on a J1/2 GS or SL course, even if it were allowed, especially outside of PA. It's a time to build skills, not overwhelm little kids.