Wind & Lifts

mike0100

geez i didin't even know that u were alowed 8 icons per post and doug has only been here for half the time i have

when i looked at cbs cam all of the chairs for the quad were off al i did look really windy

wind gust in the 50s where i live

Edited by romemadman

See, only doug would know that you're allowed only 8. I'm gonna test this.

1. <_<

2. :(

3. :)

4. :D

5. :P

6. :angry:

7. :banghead

8. :blink:

9. :confused

.......drumroll please.........

with 18=

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

What's that doug? i got 9 at least. What what?! word to your dog's chew toy :rock

Okay, now i'm done

Edited by stevo

Ya they are a bunch of bitches and the small lifts will only be running.

hahahahaha yea you would be the bitch when a gust of 70mph came across the top( like they did all day today) and your quad chair flys off... it doesnt take much to get 'em goin sideways.... and if they go up to a 90 degree angle your fallin off and so is the chair.

Fun Fact: Your average Doppelmayr high-speed quad is cleared to operate in crosswinds up to 65 mph. Fixed grip lifts can go a little higher, if I remember correctly. Nine times out of ten, mountains shut down due to lack of interest, not because it's unsafe. They'll tell you it's a saftey issue so that they don't have to refund passes.

dude its 55 I think.. im pretty sure about that

the quads automatically shut down when the wind speed hits 40 mph you can do anything about that

• 1 year later...

As a very serious sailor I can tell you that 99% of the time people grossly overestimate wind speed. Even sailors will "swear it was 25 miles an hour" when in fact the anometer is topping out at 18 and averaging less. Wind force does not go up linearly with speed so the human body is bad at feeling it correctly. 45 miles an hour of wind a ridiculous amount of wind, in general over about 40-45 miles an hour people will start to get knocked over - much less ski, so I wouldn't be surprised if the lifts are shut down in a consistent 35 mph wind. I know when its blowing 35 we're harnessed in on a sailboat - much less sitting on a chairlift. I would be when its "blowing 40" on the top of Camelback - its more like a cold 25. Show me an anometer that says otherwise and I'll believe you.