Tried for 69

Ski

I thought this was mildly interesting...I took a few runs on my rock skis, but the North Face was really nice today and it was absolutely empty, so I grabbed my SG skis.

Boomer had one slot today to try my GPS watch and my 191's (my 193's are in a dumpster someplace), although there was a gnarly cross rut toward the bottom of the headwall that kept trying to kill me. So I slipped it once, then took one run standing up (48mph). I didn't drop my jacket, so it sorta felt like the wind wanted to rip it off---maybe an extra 4 or 5mph without a coat? Maybe more. The surface was crusty and fast. I skated maybe four times, then dropped into a tuck. I'm not sure if top speed was toward the bottom of the headwall, or when you hit the runout. I used LF7 wax and PTFE for runs 2, 3, and 4. So without a coat and without that one damn cross rut, I bet you could do 75mph on Boomer. Maybe next week.

Run 1: 48mph

Run 2: 61mph

Run 3: I got yelled at.

Run 4: 64mph

Edited by ski999

Hey, thanks, but I wasn't posting for props...I bought the gps watch just to answer the question 'how fast can you ski certain slopes' in general. That's why I was hesitant to add fluoro, although I did leave my coat on.

IDK about WL...the headwall is pretty short so you need to use the run-in to reach max speed, so you'd need a spotter. The compression would be like squating 1000lbs, I imagine. I think Doug would be a good crash test dummy for WL.