Getting to Tahoe

method9455

Yea so I'm planning next year already, becuase well I'm bored and the snow melted.

I'll be in college, but thats not going to stop me. Blue mountain day trips, but I'm planning at least 3 bigger trips. Probably Tremblant or one of hte VT mountains over winter break, Killington to warm up early decemebe, and a big trip the end of march. Thats my spring break trip, and I hope to go out West for the first time in my life. I'm thinking of going to the South SHore Soldiers camp at Heavenly from March 27th ~ish until April 2nd~ish. THey haven't posted next years dates but thats about the week. Its either that or like Park City just on a trip of my own. I can afford the camp pretty easily, but the airfare is killing me. WHere do you guys fly into? Reno or Sacramento? And is the airfare usually cheaper when you book early? WHat about Park City in terms of cheaper than going to Tahoe? I could give up the camp in exchange for just going to like Park City but the night life at Heavenly looks like a lot of fun, and its probably going to be just me and my girlfriend, and if we do the camp itd be cool as hell to have her learn to ride more park. ANyway, any thoughts/tips on the best place for a spring break trip out west and the cheapest plane to get there. Indirect flights cheaper? Any thoughts really is what I'm looking for.

If it helps, I'll probably have a billion continental miles cuz my dad flies so much, I'll be leaving from Newark/JFK area and she'll be leaving from Oahu, so yea, a major airport is needed.

Yea so I'm planning next year already, becuase well I'm bored and the snow melted.

I'll be in college, but thats not going to stop me. Blue mountain day trips, but I'm planning at least 3 bigger trips. Probably Tremblant or one of hte VT mountains over winter break, Killington to warm up early decemebe, and a big trip the end of march. Thats my spring break trip, and I hope to go out West for the first time in my life. I'm thinking of going to the South SHore Soldiers camp at Heavenly from March 27th ~ish until April 2nd~ish. THey haven't posted next years dates but thats about the week. Its either that or like Park City just on a trip of my own. I can afford the camp pretty easily, but the airfare is killing me. WHere do you guys fly into? Reno or Sacramento? And is the airfare usually cheaper when you book early? WHat about Park City in terms of cheaper than going to Tahoe? I could give up the camp in exchange for just going to like Park City but the night life at Heavenly looks like a lot of fun, and its probably going to be just me and my girlfriend, and if we do the camp itd be cool as hell to have her learn to ride more park. ANyway, any thoughts/tips on the best place for a spring break trip out west and the cheapest plane to get there. Indirect flights cheaper? Any thoughts really is what I'm looking for.

If it helps, I'll probably have a billion continental miles cuz my dad flies so much, I'll be leaving from Newark/JFK area and she'll be leaving from Oahu, so yea, a major airport is needed.

As long as you can drive while you are in Utah, Park City is easy to get to from Salt Lake City and they have lots of flights from Newark to SLC. PC is expensive you you should consider staying in SLC, it's a half hour or so drive and it gives you the option of snowbird, solitude, brighton, snowbasin etc all close by.

I've just spent a long weekend here, was at PC today. If you book ahead, flights are cheap ($250-350), if you have airmiles it can only be free.

Hotels are cheap in SLC ($65/night if you have a choice priveledge card, free just register)

Rental cars are cheap too, I used enterprise at $100 for 4 days.

Utah is great, the parks at Brighton and PC were just mindblowing.

thanks guys, I think i've decided that I'll go to park city and/or brighton, I'll do tahoe when i'm 21 and cuz i hear its a drink fest. I'm trying to decide between brighton and park city. I've heard good things about both, never heard anything bad about brighton but I have heard some people complain about park city being over hyped. I think I'll look at the deals when they come out over the summer and figure it out, but what do you guys think about brighton vs. park city. Heres the deal, I can ride any trail I've seen on the east coast from Tremblant south and I love the powder I've hit, and I love park, so I want to go out there and hit some hard trails, with powder, and I know I can get that at both places. But I'll be with people are more intermediate, most groomed black diamonds on the east coast are fine for them but they're not itching for something harder than that yet so some blue/black groomed trails are more to their liking. I saw Park City has a lot more trails that aren't like double black diamonds, and brighton looks like a lot of their trails are rated pretty high. I would be hitting up some of the harder trails at Brighton but I also don't want the people to be bored becuase its all either too hard or too easy. How do they compare in that sense. What do you think of hte parks in comparison? I heard brightons is a lot of fun and park city its either really easy or huge and there is no in between.