Winter Forecast

bigdaddyk

Here's a piece of an article from accuweather.com. The link to the entire article and snowfall forecast is http://headlines.accuweather.com/news-stor...1&article=9

" One of these factors that Bastardi and his team expect to shape the upcoming season is the formation of a high pressure area over Greenland or northeastern Canada. This would force Arctic air down into the Northeast. If this occurs as expected, the Northeast could experience severe, prolonged cold - ten days or more of temperatures averaging five to ten degrees below normal - during the middle to late winter, most likely during the month of January.

"Signs are pointing to the possibility of a rough conclusion to winter for the Northeast," said AccuWeather.com Director of Forecast Operations Ken Reeves. "Examining past years where we see similar patterns to what we expect this winter bears this out. For example, the winter of 1992-1993 was moderate until early February, when it then became colder and snowier, and culminated with a harsh blizzard on March 13. Another of the winters we see a parallel to is 1957-1958, which again began more moderately, and concluded with significantly colder temperatures and major February and March snow storms." "

I hope we get this cold and snow :rock .

Ahh, you beat me to it :banghead . Its really nice to hear. I don't know who to believe, the college dude, NOAA, or Accuweather? I rather believe the best forecasted winter :D

iws9b_430.jpg

I like this image :woot

Edited by SkierOnSkis

You believe it because it's the one you want to believe... Weather is impossible to predict. There are way to many variables that affect it.. I don't even know why weathermen try anymore.

Your right, I believe it cause its the best one of them all :woot

I read in transworld somewhere that there's scientists out there that believe katrina was manualy triggered, through use of huge mofo electromagnetic generators. TWS was talking about how if it were true, they could manipulate snowfall in .........anywhere, at any time. :woot