Props to BB---AGAIN!

Ski

We hit BB from 3 to 5pm today...just cruising Tannenbaum and poaching a slalom set on Little Boulder for four runs (until the coaches got upset and booted us)...thanks again to BB for letting my 6 yr old ski free---you got our $54 today because of that policy :rock Snow was frozen cord that loosened up by 4pm. The lifties were great as always, catching the non-detachable, which is an issue 'cause I have to lift Ty up by a handle and can't catch the chair myself. Two years off skis and my oldest still makes me look like a hack...AWESOME AFTERNOON!

ski.... you may not want to hear a suggestion from me, but what worked reeeeeeally well for my tykes was to lean forward and basically pick them up by the crotch and shove them back onto the chair. very safe cause you can grab the leading edge of the chair at the same time to bring it under yourself while still securing your kid, probably not politically correct with girls but I thought I would throw that out there.

i'm guessing no one at BB called you a liar?

Heheheheheheh...no, TP4, they were nice as usual...

Grilled: she gave up a helmet the day she stopped racing...and she didn't bring her ID and I'm not the sort of person that wants to waste time trying to argue a discount. Ever.

Shadows: 19. Twin tips? That'd be like me asking you to try on a bra.

Rob: We use the Applerise gear, aka Kid-Ski. Actually, the only thing left is her harness that is worn sort of like a backpack, providing a handle for me. I can ski up next to her and lift her up and carry her around, if I need. It was developed by a former USST guy, Steve Lathrop. Good stuff.

one step closer :wiggle

Ha, she's welcome to do whatever she wants, but I couldn't even imagine her hitting the park. Sib's daughter and she used to use the CB park jumps as practice race starts when they weren't with the rest of their team---that's about the extent of the park for her.

Yeah, Schif, I was in the lot a couple of times---once to carry all the skis, since the girls were tired and needed hot chocolate. And I'm like their personal butler :crymore::)

But Schif at BB on a beautiful January day? Man, it's one f*cked-up winter, eh?

Big Boulder could have a record year with all the new business..

Three tour buses pulled in at about 4:30pm :yes

They sure aren't losing money.

Conditions look really good. They're blowing right now at both JFBB and I plan on hitting JF first thing Wednesday morning. Should be pretty good conditions :rock . I wonder if JFBB lets kids < 6 ski for free, if they are with a passholder, or just a ticket purchaser?

I can't say definitively about JFBB, but all resorts I've had my kids at honor passholders exactly the same as day ticket holders. CB, in fact, had given us a comp season pass for Ty when we purchased our regular season passes a couple of years ago...the mountain formerly known as Montage did the same. And when I've brought a friend's kid skiing (twice at Elk), I've just shown my season pass and they've always printed up a comp. I can't imagine JFBB doing it any differently.

ski.... you may not want to hear a suggestion from me, but what worked reeeeeeally well for my tykes was to lean forward and basically pick them up by the crotch and shove them back onto the chair. very safe cause you can grab the leading edge of the chair at the same time to bring it under yourself while still securing your kid, probably not politically correct with girls but I thought I would throw that out there.

Maybe a set of pimped out skis with hydrolic lifts in the bindings. I saw a guy using adaptive skis at Elk and it was kind of interesting seeing how they get on the lift, by releasing the lever that elevates the ski seat to the height of the chair.

Conditions look really good. They're blowing right now at both JFBB and I plan on hitting JF first thing Wednesday morning. Should be pretty good conditions :rock . I wonder if JFBB lets kids < 6 ski for free, if they are with a passholder, or just a ticket purchaser?

I am a passholder and my six year old skis for free. They told me to carry a copy of his birth certificate just in case anyone asks, but no one ever has

That's nothing midgets ski free at Camelback with a non-midget friend..If you're 90 years old but 22 inches tall..you can ski free at Camelback.

True...

unless...

the LITTLE people show up when a particular manager is there.

It is sort of an odd rule to go by height, since there's a built-in physical descrimination. There's no perfect way to do it (although I'd recommend not calling customers liars), since people lie about their kid's ages a lot and height is quantitative. Parents are also used to having their kids measured if they spend time at theme parks or at carnivals.

At our ski hill, we use age---4 yrs. and under ski free with a paying adult---which basically means all kids pay.