Conditions for MLK Day - 1/15/07

SkiCamelback

It's 7:40 -- lifts open in 20 minutes.

Haven't made a run yet, but everything looks good.

Skiing and riding is on the west side 9 with 4 lifts. Everything was groomed out last night and has set up well. It will start machine groomed and by mid-morning be more "spring-like" after it's been skied/ridden. I am not expecting huge Holiday crowds, so the slopes should have plenty of room. If you like spring conditions with little to no crowd -- today is your day!!

Park set up is the same -- don't want to tear up the snow too much with the current warm temps.

Snowmaking will start again late tonight or Tuesday -- as soon as the conditions allow.

I'll post more after I get out later today..

Unfortunatly I never made it past my desk today. I was told that the skiing and riding was good. The fog was starting to lift late afternoon -- so night skiers and riders got the best of the day. The forecast is calling for 30's tonight with humidity -- so there most likely won't be any snow making tonight (Monday night). The weatherman is calling for "seasonal" temps starting Tuesday and going into (and perhaps through) the weekend. I know that the snowmaking crews are getting ready for a round-the-clock assault once the temps get here!

Not sure I'll make any PASAR events if they are on weekends -- gotta work! But I would like to get to Blue and ride that new lift and head up to Elk.

I'll post a first hand report tomorow..

Unfortunatly I never made it past my desk today. I was told that the skiing and riding was good. The fog was starting to lift late afternoon -- so night skiers and riders got the best of the day. The forecast is calling for 30's tonight with humidity -- so there most likely won't be any snow making tonight (Monday night). The weatherman is calling for "seasonal" temps starting Tuesday and going into (and perhaps through) the weekend. I know that the snowmaking crews are getting ready for a round-the-clock assault once the temps get here!

Not sure I'll make any PASAR events if they are on weekends -- gotta work! But I would like to get to Blue and ride that new lift and head up to Elk.

I'll post a first hand report tomorow..

The weekend was deffinatly good for skiers. Not busy at all. Friday night was busy, but Saturday/Sunday/Monday were pretty empty. Foggy all weekend, but hopefully they get the guns on soon and crank out the snow

The weekend was deffinatly good for skiers. Not busy at all. Friday night was busy, but Saturday/Sunday/Monday were pretty empty. Foggy all weekend, but hopefully they get the guns on soon and crank out the snow

:werd:yes

Yeah if it wasn't for the fog and rain sprinkles it would have been a pretty good weekend. Even with the fog I still couldn't believe how slow it was. You could actually go down a trail and not see anyone for half the time.

I can't wait to see it this weekend after all the snowmaking that's going to happen.