holy crap

Ski

Hey I understand its tough with little kids, but ski, you've got to adress Ty's gaper gap issue. Personally I find that one more offensive than the other headgear.

Nah, Schif, we don't roll over for trendy shit. I've been wearing the same bell bottom jeans since 1968 and found myself suddenly cool again a few years ago. And, hey, you shoulda seen the look on Jeffy's face when I wore slalom goggles to a Booter NASTAR last year---slalom goggles are almost as narrow as sunglasses. Jeffy wouldn't freeski with me after the races...

(I'm actually kidding about the jeans...)

Back to my gin bottle.

hit and split

You're a smart kid, TP4...

Shadows: yeah, especially since I didn't crop that pic. I was sending the pics from tonight to the girl's mom and forgot to crop it before posting it here. Maybe it's one of the reasons there's always so many security guards at the bottom of the stairs...

The NF was calling I'm sure! Been there done that!

My daughter is in college now. Someday you'll look back on tonight and have a good story and a good laugh. :)

From the free advice advice column, and we all know what that's worth, have Ty's friends mother sign her up for a lesson or two and she'll be skiing with Ty in no time and you'll be free to ski the NF with or without them.

Enjoy it while you can. In a few years they'll be blowing you off to chase those boys in the park!

Hey ski,don't you take pictures for sports for the newspaper or something?

Ever think of doing something on skiing?

I used to do lots of skiing feature pictures when I worked for a newspaper in Massachusetts...I did a feature story on blind skiing, a photo essay on a guy that skied with one leg, and a bunch of goofy pics---mostly at Mt. Tom and Mount Snow. Now I work for a company that just does sports photos, but I take every weekend off during winter to ski. All my ASRA races are weekends, so I just don't shoot skiing. I'd much rather ski than make money.

That's the tough thing about working at a ski area, too---your work schedule usually has you working instead of skiing.

I've sometimes considered a gig like the 'Montage' photographer, Anthony Fabrikant, had...just constantly shooting pics of skiers/boarders and selling them online. But I'd constantly be jealous of everyone skiing.

The NF was calling I'm sure! Been there done that!

My daughter is in college now. Someday you'll look back on tonight and have a good story and a good laugh. :)

From the free advice advice column, and we all know what that's worth, have Ty's friends mother sign her up for a lesson or two and she'll be skiing with Ty in no time and you'll be free to ski the NF with or without them.

Enjoy it while you can. In a few years they'll be blowing you off to chase those boys in the park!

Hey, Track...I'm already there...I have a college soph who is taking a semester off to hang with me through next month. Ty's friend is also one of the kids on my soccer team and I promised to teach her to ski this year. I was just a little overwhelmed because I haven't taught skiing much over the last few years, but I've been stuck with as many as 10 kids in a class. And it isn't so much the skiing part that's hard: it's the getting the gear on and off part, right down to having to remove four earings at the last minute.

I'm pretty amazed how few kids ski or board in this area. I mean, we're in the Northern Poconos, surrounded my nice little ski hills, and Ty's the only kid in the first grade that skis or boards. I don't know what's with these parents.

Thanks for the input---we are signing her up for a lesson or two, once she's gotten down a few more skills. I don't want her folks just paying for a babysitter on the bunny hill.

Ski-

I plan on hitting Sno either Mon., or Tues. I'm thinking Tuesday might be better since they might have a couple more trails open over that one day. Do you think Tues. might be a better choice? I plan on going to Blue on one of those days also. I need to branch out...I'm getting tired of the same scenery and looking at snow guns that are turned off when it is 11 degress :tinfoil: .

Edited by bigdaddyk

Ski-

I plan on hitting Sno either Mon., or Tues. I'm thinking Tuesday might be better since they might have a couple more trails open over that one day. Do you think Tues. might be a better choice? I plan on going to Blue on one of those days also. I need to branch out...I'm getting tired of the same scenery and looking at snow guns that are turned off when it is 11 degress :tinfoil: .

I bet Sno will be equally good Mon and Tues...great temps and they seem to be on a mission to get everything open. Give me a shout if you're going to be there Monday; I have a game to shoot Tuesday night...gotta pay some bills.

I bet Sno will be equally good Mon and Tues...great temps and they seem to be on a mission to get everything open. Give me a shout if you're going to be there Monday; I have a game to shoot Tuesday night...gotta pay some bills.

I'm eager to hit their NF. I've never been on it. I definately plan on getting there a few times this year, I might consider it for my pass next year. I have nothing against the people at JFBB, but Peak is doing some goofy things and some of the changes still irk me.

I'm eager to hit their NF. I've never been on it. I definately plan on getting there a few times this year, I might consider it for my pass next year. I have nothing against the people at JFBB, but Peak is doing some goofy things and some of the changes still irk me.

norht face is realy nice :wiggle , and if i lived closer to sno i would prob. get a season pass their :)