holy crap

Ski

Great day, today! The sno was grippy and WL and Cannonball were open...I had my first crash of the season today on WL's compression...and of course it was in front of a bunch of SH's from PASR :D They also continue 24 hr snowmaking on the upper mountain, despite marginal temps. And Mainline was open, although they had two cats grooming and setting rails.

When the new lift is installed and the new runs are cut, there will be no place like Sno...and apparently clear cutting slopes is no sweat for them, since they've already added about 10 acres to Spike. And there's a new building that sure looks a lot like a finish house on Smoke...

And for Nick and Sno: you guys shoulda been racers instead of jibbers... :yes

... apparently clear cutting slopes is no sweat for them, since they've already added about 10 acres to Spike.

Just curious; why did they do this?

Do you think that they will have TTB skiing from Long Haul soon?

Thinking about heading up for Sun night. Depends on the trail count though.

Will most likely be there Wednesday night then heading north from there for a long ski weekend.

Just curious; why did they do this?

Do you think that they will have TTB skiing from Long Haul soon?

Thinking about heading up for Sun night. Depends on the trail count though.

Will most likely be there Wednesday night then heading north from there for a long ski weekend.

They took out all the trees to fit in a pipe and just wider for the terrain park.

I wouldn't bet on ttb with long haul anytime in the near future. They didn't even start blowing on upper or lower fastrack/runaway yet.

They took out all the trees to fit in a pipe and just wider for the terrain park.

I wouldn't bet on ttb with long haul anytime in the near future. They didn't even start blowing on upper or lower fastrack/runaway yet.

Thanks for the info.

Hopefully it will stay cold and they will get those trails open soon!

Thats really creepy TP4

Back to the clear cutting though. When I was up there for opening day there weren't any trees between the trails, but there were enough rocks, stumps and pipes to keep me out of there. Are they planning on opening that area up for skiing/riding this season? If they do they're gonna need a ton of snow to get above all that stuff.

Thats really creepy TP4

Back to the clear cutting though. When I was up there for opening day there weren't any trees between the trails, but there were enough rocks, stumps and pipes to keep me out of there. Are they planning on opening that area up for skiing/riding this season? If they do they're gonna need a ton of snow to get above all that stuff.

They do plan on snowmaking over there. They alreadu have some portables hooked up to switch, but blowing on the new side of Spike. And we got word today from a park crew member, that Mainline will have the small park all year, Spike will be the big park with rails, and jumps, and Whistler will have 3 jumps on it.

Cecil County Maryland has the highest per capita KKK population in the country. I go to school bordering it, you can walk into Cecil from my campus. The sailing team practices in the cheseapeake in Cecil County and on the way there is a guy with a bunch of "ghosts" as halloween decorations that are clearly KKK members on his front lawn. Scary. Not to mention I went out there once to work on an engineering project with a kid from my college, and we were at a shop where some kid was getting a water balloon launcher, turns to his brother and says, "Lets get this and shoot some niggers", exact quote. I was in the store with my friend from NY and we look at each and are just like, OH MY GOD.