Thursday 2/1/07

Ashleigh S

Although I have not been out on the mountain this morning, I can tell you what is open and what we are planning for this upcoming weekend. We are open with 28 trails and 6 lifts today. Big Pocono is open today. Lower Cleo is open with bumps, and the Dromedary is scheduled to open tomorrow. We are making snow on the Hump, the Asp, and the Laurel Glade Half Pipe. On Saturday, the Rhodo Advanced Park will make it's long awaited debut, along with the Laurel Glade Halfpipe. Also on Saturday, we will be hosting another Demo Day as well as the Grind @ Camelback, the first leg of the Oakley Rail or Bail Series. Registration will be held in the West Cafeteria from 10:00am-11:30am and practice is from 12pm-1pm. The event begins at 1:00pm at the Sunbowl, with the finals scheduled to begin at 4:00pm. The registration fee will be $35 if you have not already pre-registered. A lift ticket (reduced price available to competitors) or season pass is required. Check out www.skicamelback.com for more information.

On Sunday, we are hosting the Mid-Atlantic Snowboard Series GS & Slalom Event on Pocono Raceway. Registration will be from 7:30am- 8:30am in the West Cafeteria. Practice and inspection will be from 9:15am - 9:45am. The first run begins at 10:00am, and the awards ceremony begins at approximately 4:00pm. Participants must be sanctioned by and have a USASA membership, which is available through snowboardseries.com and will be also available here the day of the competition. Entry fee is $20 per competition if you pre-register at snowboardseries.com. A lift ticket (reduced price available to competitors) or a season pass is required. Visit www.snowboardseries.com for more information.

The Pocono Duo will be playing on Friday in the Main Lounge from 2-6pm. On Saturday, Jim Taylor will be in the Eastside Bistro from 1-4pm and Who Knows will be playing in the Main Lounge from 4-8pm. Spellbound will be in the Main Lounge from 2-6pm on Sunday.

It's gonna be a great weekend, and we are scheduled to be 100% open for the first time this year- hope to see you all there!

On Sunday, we are hosting the Mid-Atlantic Snowboard Series GS & Slalom Event on Pocono Raceway.

will all of raceway be unavailable because of this or will it just be the normal Nastar area?

Thanks for the update, cant wait to hit big poc' tomorrow AM.

will all of raceway be unavailable because of this or will it just be the normal Nastar area?

Thanks for the update, cant wait to hit big poc' tomorrow AM.

Not sure, but every other year they just used the Nastar area. Trail is full width, so there shouldn't be any issue keeping it open.

Dont expect much at all.
when i went to get a park pass i walked over to where they were storing the rails. that one, "jibzilla" box they had looked fun, and i think they had a flat rail, flat down rail, and flat down flat rail. Edited by splooshie

Not sure, but every other year they just used the Nastar area. Trail is full width, so there shouldn't be any issue keeping it open.

they need the whole trail because they are putting in a downhill course for nastar :wiggle

Edited by zaldon

when i went to get a park pass i walked over to where they were storing the rails. that one, "jibzilla" box they had looked fun, and i think they had a flat rail, flat down rail, and flat down flat rail.

From what I heard from most of the park crew kids they arnt setting any of them up for opening. They are deff. Not gonna have teh flat down flat because they need that for the Rail or Bail comp.