I need skiers/snowboarders for Film shoot

ASkiBum

Hey everybody. I've been working at The Ski Bum for 4 years and I'm a film student at Temple University in Philly and I'm looking at getting into the adrenaline sports film industry.

Anyway, I'm looking for some skiers and snowboarders that have mad skills in the park. I'm going to be shooting on 16mm film (some black and white, and some color) and probably some DV as well. Basically I'm using this footage to put together a reel to accompany my resume. So obviously you guys would be helping me out a lot, but there's something in it for you too. First off, I would definitely give any participants a copy of whatever footage I get. Also, my reel is going to be sent to companies like Teton Gravity Research, Level 1 Productions, Poor Boyz Productions, Rage Films, Warren Miller and Matchstick Productions. So, you'll get a little exposure in the process if that's what you're looking for.

I'm up for any location, but something close like Bear Creek would be ideal. Also, since we have all this cold weather now, I'm up for some urban rail sessions too if any of you guys have any good locations. Sundays and Mondays work best for me.

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns. If you're interested, reply to this post and we'll try to get something organized.

Thanks guys!

Others can chime in here. IMO.................

Big Boulder offers the best terrain and backdrop for filming. IMO Both Blue and Bear are subject to huge crowds. You want to make a good film so you don't want huge number of people in the background.

Big Boulder Park is huge in acreage and has the features with little or no traffic. - Set it up right for a day in the future, contact Big Boulder, let them know what you are doing and they might support, to some degree, a professional edit..

Futhermore - I believe revivals team challenge may be the day you want to film. Keep in mind that Boulder is closed on weekdays until 3pm - so if you truly want to put together a professional edit with semi-pros and sposored riders there might be a slim possibility for a closed photo shoot.

i want some footage! pm me...im pretty good ide say.....been skiing for a while...you name it ill try and do it for ya

ooo yea i go to school in north philly....and ski at blue...if blue works that would be sick

face book me to see some shitty pics of me skiing....colin shope...i go to temple to by the way

The 11th is good for me. i would consider me and my crew "sick"

I wear all white volcom newspaper outfit with pink lens A-frames. And the kid im goin with has lime green pants n black jacket so, look out for us and we'll get you some ill footage.

Aight. For this Sunday, I'm gonna be at Bear Creek. So if you're gonna be there, PM me or reply to this post or whatever. Going on Papa Steeze's advice, I'm gonna try and set something up at big boulder sometime in the near future...so stay tuned for that.

If you're gonna be at bear, let me know what skis/outfit you're rockin so i can find you. my name's Ben and i'll most likely be in all khaki with green salomon boots and blue pocket rockets (if i bring my skis) i'll also have an old 16mm camera and a tripod, so you shouldn't miss that.

see you tomorrow.

Going on Papa Steeze's advice, I'm gonna try and set something up at big boulder sometime in the near future...so stay tuned for that.

You won't be disappointed, for example, the second jump in the big park is all sky and lake in the background. Everything is set up very nice. You should probably scout the mountain to save time later.

The 11th is good for me. i would consider me and my crew "sick"

I wear all white volcom newspaper outfit with pink lens A-frames. And the kid im goin with has lime green pants n black jacket so, look out for us and we'll get you some ill footage.

You'll get some "SICK" footage of that sweeeeeeett gear you have on, im in envy of that outfit of yours