2/8/07 morning report

Timeless

Just come back from 2-3 hours or so at CB this morning, a little windy so the quads seemed to be running slower than normal but as there was nobody there this hardly mattered.

Conditions were generally very good, grooming up to the normal CB standards (ie very good)

Cliffhanger was in nice condition with a few "pebbles" near the top but nice over the headwall and into the lower sections

Pharaoh was excellent, nice soft, loose surface groomed perfectly, bactrian back to the lift was a little crunchy in places but OK.

As the raceway lift wasn't running the only access to raceway was through ceasars, and near east which were both ok (for flat narrow little connecting trails) with a nice surface, but raceway was excellent, wide open fresh cord with a "whale" of fresh snow at the top for a little extra fun.

Skipping over to the other side, Hump was really "pebbly" but gave decent grip, asp was good, rocket was the best run of the day for me (so I did it 3 times), marjies had a great surface but strangely had like 3 "lanes" plowed into it which made it less than perfect. You could see these from the base and were kinda strange.

Big pocono and upper cleos were both great, the bumps on lower cleos were fun with a fresh coating of snow.

Note / Question to CB management : were the moguls closed? There was a fence across the top but it wasn't clear of this was to stop accidental entry from honeymoon lane of if they were closed off. Maybe a sign would be good here?

Anyway the moguls with an inch or two of fresh surface snow were alot of fun (even on a board), it's nide to see they are maintaining these nicely rather than just letting them form naturally and ice up.

I didn't do any of the other runs, there were no crowds and the sun was shining, all in all a great morning.

The bumps are open. I think it's just a safety precaution.

Yeah they are open. Like you said they are there to stop accidental entry from honeymoon lane. Notice how the fence only went accross as far as the mogul run.

As long as the fence is not all the way accross and there aren't any closed signs then it's open. :yes

Yeah they are open. Like you said they are there to stop accidental entry from honeymoon lane. Notice how the fence only went accross as far as the mogul run.

As long as the fence is not all the way accross and there aren't any closed signs then it's open. :yes

That's what I figured but it looked like no-one else had been down there all morning (this was around 10.30) and I didn't see any tracks.

Great snow report Timeless. The lanes on Marjies were strange, but at least it was fresh man-made stuff and no ice. Overall the snow was really good this morning.

The one part about this morning that you left out was the 35-minute delay in the opening of the lifts. At 8am we were told that one of the detachable chairs was spaced incorrectly and they needed to cycle the chairs through. 15 Minutes later we were told that the groomers were still on the mountain. It wasn't until 8:35am that the groomers left the mountain and the lifts open. Would have been nice if they just told us they'd be opening at 8:30.

Great snow report Timeless. The lanes on Marjies were strange, but at least it was fresh man-made stuff and no ice. Overall the snow was really good this morning.

The one part about this morning that you left out was the 35-minute delay in the opening of the lifts. At 8am we were told that one of the detachable chairs was spaced incorrectly and they needed to cycle the chairs through. 15 Minutes later we were told that the groomers were still on the mountain. It wasn't until 8:35am that the groomers left the mountain and the lifts open. Would have been nice if they just told us they'd be opening at 8:30.

Thanks, I was "late" arriving (8.25) and they were just starting the stevenson but I assumed it was only that lift that was late starting. I feel better about not being there before 8 now.

:D

Thanks, I was "late" arriving (8.25) and they were just starting the stevenson but I assumed it was only that lift that was late starting. I feel better about not being there before 8 now.

:D

How is Margie's now?? Or how was it later on?

It would be sick if those lanes were so they could groom a nice mogul run. Maybe groom some moguls on half. That would be too nice. :drool:drool:drool

The did such a nice job on lower cleo that they just HAVE to do something on some black diamond terrain.

Edited by Skizilla

The Stevenson has been kind of squirrely this season. WTF? :confused:confused

How is Margie's now?? It would be sick if those lanes were so they could groom a nice mogul run. Maybe groom some moguls on half. That would be too nice. :drool:drool:drool

Lanes have pretty much gone this morning, much nicer.