Camelback 2/11.

ColoradoHigh

Troll?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Danger a Troll

• Yes
    • No
    • Whats a troll?

another aquaintenance got mislead by information given over the phone and also had a bad day. This was taken from another board.

The kids & I decided to wander off our normal weekend schedule and surprise ------------ at Camelback. You know, do a little freeskiing and then

hit the NASTAR course for a few runs. Being a veteran of East Coast Nastar I know enough to make sure that NASTAR is actually running before going so for 2.5 hrs yesterday I tried getting through to the ski school with no luck- answering machine. Finally, a polite young lady informed us that NASTAR was, in fact, to run on Sunday.

After a 3 HR ride, $170.00 in lift tix for the family, having to gear up outside (seriously, the lockers are outside), a rediculously long, flat walk to whatever lift you need to take, and 15 min lift line wait with half the population of Brooklyn, you find out that 3 to 6 year olds have the course (an absolutely flat course) and will probably have it the whole day. After 2 runs on lousey conditions (now, it is impossible to have bad conditions with the weather we've had- they had to work on clumping it up purposely) I told the wife & kids to pack it in and head to the car.

This 'resort' makes $ on location alone, it does not worry about comfort or convenience for it's client base because it doesn't have to.

Camelback is without a doubt the least user friendly hill I have ever

been to & I have skied just about every Mtn in Eastern Pa, NY, & VT.

There are some really nice hills in Pa and I've plugged for all of them; Bear Creek, Blue, Roundtop, and even resorts that have no racing like Big Bear. So, if you're going to ski in PA do yourself a favor and ski at a resort that works for, and values your business.

Oh, we did actually get to see ------------------------------------------ although he didn't hear us yelling from the lift.

Sorry for the sour grapes, but this place left a lasting impression on us.