Snowboard boot fit question

Glenn

So boots mold to your feet over time. I'm going to take a guess they mold to your bindings as well. I'm getting some pressue points riding one board, and none on another board. They are the same model but have different years heel straps, so they are shaped differently. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had problems like this, and if anyone has multiple pairs of boots for different board. The pressure points aren't bad, and I don't have the money to buy a second pair of boots right now anyways. Just kind of curious if the different bindings is the cause, or if I should looke else where.

So boots mold to your feet over time. I'm going to take a guess they mold to your bindings as well. I'm getting some pressue points riding one board, and none on another board. They are the same model but have different years heel straps, so they are shaped differently. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had problems like this, and if anyone has multiple pairs of boots for different board. The pressure points aren't bad, and I don't have the money to buy a second pair of boots right now anyways. Just kind of curious if the different bindings is the cause, or if I should looke else where.

You could be right, my boards have different shape heel straps (basically curved on the technines but more angular on the rides) and having ridden the technines almost exclusively for a year the rides certainly dont "fit" as comfortably. Would the boots change to this shape over time? Not sure but it's a reasonable assumption.

Is everything else equal? stance etc, also are the bindings properly centred (heel to toe) on each board or are you maybe compensating for an off centre binding subconciously?

just some thoughts.

Is everything else equal? stance etc, also are the bindings properly centred (heel to toe) on each board or are you maybe compensating for an off centre binding subconciously?

The 2 boards are setup differently... otherwise I would just have 1 board.

One is a park board, with a wider stance, 15/-12 and the more comfortable strap.

The other is a free ride board, with a narrower stancer, 20+ (don't remember)/-9, and gets the pressure points.

The riding style on the two is totally different.

So, it could be the boot fit it could be something totally different. The bindings aren't extremely comfortable in the first place, and if I can find an affordable way to get more comfortable ones I will.