Wednesday February 14

SkiCamelback

What a bum deal!! Instead of fresh pow, we got sleet and mix weather :angry:

Early last night and until late evening, CB recieved about 4-5 inches of new snow (I think Glenn got the best of it). Early this morning, everything changed to sleet. A far cry from the hoped 8 to 12 inches. The forecast is calling for the sleet to change to snow and is expected to leave an additional 3-6 inches of snow by late tonight.

At this time, we are operating the west side of the mountain only (18 slopes). As conditions permit and the groomers continue in the east side, additional terrain might open. The Rhodo Park and Oak Grove Pipe will closed today.

Everything will be groomed, and the conditions will be mixed variable -- A little packed pow, sleet-like snow, and new natural.

As things change, Ill post more...

Please drive safe to all destinations this morning.

Yea thats hail/sleet. I think sleet is smaller like frozen sand, hail is like bigger bb size up to golfballs and such. Freezing rain is rain that freezes after it has already hit a surface. Generally sleet sticks and hail bounces too. Its a fuzzy line trying to seperate it all especially since you get overlaps. We had periods of freezing rain and sleet yesterday but not hail at UDel in my opinion.

I think Glenn got the best of it.

The snow at CB on tues night was some pretty good stuff for the poconos. I rode at elk yesterday during the storm. They got around 2 feet when all was said and done. There was a layer of freezing rain from early in the day, but by the time I got there at 11:30 through 4:00 when I left the snow was fairly light, dry, and coming down very hard.

Sorry CB didn't get the best weather, but on the bright side, I doubt CB had the accesibility issues that Elk had going on yesterday.