Thursday, March 1

ski911

I just came in from tele'ing all morning. It is very nice out. Much like yesterday, with a little haze. Snow conditions are good, I'll go with "variable" with some loose granupacpow. Hows that for a word.

They made a few more changes in the Rhodo park. Jibzilla moved down a ways and is set up kinda buried in a hip sorta thing, interesting I think (may need some adjustment). The C-bow is near where Jibzilla was and was having some work done to it by the park crew guys. The wall was fixed (better tranny). All in all it looks pretty good. I'm curious to see what some of the skeptics say. I think it is better, but, what do I know.

Got to CB at 7:20 the stevenson and rhodo park were closed. I didn't bring my free ride board, so I just noodled around on the sides of the trails for a couple hours. The snow felt decent, but I had the wrong board. I expected to at least take a couple laps through rhodo. It started to rain about a half hour after I got there but it was only a little sprinkle. It started to come down a little harder on my last run which was around 8:40.

Just before I left today, I heard some talk about the weather report. They were saying that they were going to take the chairs off of the Stevenson because of the probability of icing. They also planned on switching to the Bailey chair and shut down the Sully if the ice happened. Unfortunately, they have to make decisions based on weather reports sometimes. The Stevenson seems to be extra sensitive to the weather thing, not sure why.

I don't know too many specific details about high speed detachable lifts beyond what I've read online, but I feel like there is a better way than the current system. The risk of detach is high plus the cadencing thing - I've been throwing some ideas around in my head but I'm not sure if they're entirely practical.