Epic day with DH and Glenn

librider

Well everyone complains about camelback's park (or lack there of). But I have to admit, They have some amazing off trail riding. Today DH, Glenn, and I rode all day. Camelbacks website said 18inchs of fresh. I first got there real real early and seshed the stashes off the right side of marjies and Big pocono. Then that got tracked out. We rode alot of glades off more's. We also did a few runs down the middle of Cliffy and Nile. DH got a nice facefull of bushes so we quit it with that. All in all it was an amazing day. I havn't rode powder that deep ever. It was super fun.

The were out. Most of them we saw seemed pretty irked by all the off trail action. Today was a really good time.

We saw some kids get cought then the ranger left them because some "snow gangsters" as DH would say, ran from him.

Glenn also was very amused by the paraplegic(sp?) guy ripping it up in the park.

This weekend CB had like 120 new trails. It was like being out west. I never skiied on so much powder on the east coast before. Probably never see conditions like that again.

I was going up the Sullivan and some tools were trying to ski and ride down the alpine slide and they kept hitting the sides and wiping out. Lucky they didn't literally bust their heads open. The funny part was that were so many places to go off trail where nobody could see you that you had to wonder why anyone would be dumb enough to do it right under the lift.

Nile Mile and Bactrian had some nice kickers left over from Saturday. Saw some people catching some sick air. All the usual places where people go off the trail were tracked up and there were tons of tracks anywhere there wasnt a fence blocking the way.

Rocket got closed early Saturday because it was ungroomed and just a total mess from what I heard. It was still closed on Sunday. :( They kept Asp ungroomed on Sunday and it was pretty interesting.

Saw the pond skimming and that was ok. Anyone with pictures of that please post them.

Overall the grooming was excellent, the crowds were somewhat light and the snow was phenomenal!! :rock:rock:rock

All in all it was an amazing day. I havn't rode powder that deep ever. It was super fun.

Dude you have to get out west!! They have conditions like that most of the season. You would love it.

Edited by Skizilla

add to list of reasons for closure. "total mess"

Rockets bumps get pretty nasty. When they get really bad, no one rides them more than once. Who cares if they close the trail no one wants to ride? It's likely under the safety catagory, but regardless it's just not good.

I don't get how Camelback could close their only bump trail and one of only 5 black diamonds right after a big dump of snow...???????? Another thing for TP4s list

They don't close it when it's nice. I think it's ski patrols call, and they love ripping that trail. I'm going to say that trail got the most abuse from all the pow hounds.

Did they close it to preserve it for themselves....hmmmm...Ig they puled that shit at Blue...that rope would be removed within seconds..as long as there was a lookout.. :woot

Like I said, when it's really haggard no one takes a second run, even when it's open. I don't know why it happens that rocket gets so beat up, especially after fresh snow, but I will tell you that if it was closed it wasn't worth riding.