Season Passes / Improvements for 07/08

sjb269

Its time to think about the next ski season... I was wondering if sno mtn ever got around to making any ski improvements over the summer, such as new lighting or high speed lift? I am trying to decide weather to buy a pass here again or jf/bb... Also, is there any type of early season pass discounts for those who had a pass last year (returning customers)?

Any input would be awesome!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its time to think about the next ski season... I was wondering if sno mtn ever got around to making any ski improvements over the summer, such as new lighting or high speed lift? I am trying to decide weather to buy a pass here again or jf/bb... Also, is there any type of early season pass discounts for those who had a pass last year (returning customers)?

Any input would be awesome!

All the skiers and riders are waiting to hear what they have decided to do for this winter. All their efforts have been toward summer construction, but now that the summer season is cancelled, maybe some good stuff will happen. Among other reasons, they got bogged down state grants not coming through in time.

Beyond the normal early season discount, don't look for 'returning customer' deals. In fact, Sno's new owners took away some of the old perks, like free day passes with each season pass and the food discount. The awesome food at the passholder party more than made up for it, though. The shrimp were the size of small cats.

So, whether or not they install the quad and fix the lighting issue will be the decision maker for you buying a season pass?

Call and tell them! Leave messages, email them, and post it on here. I know that at least a few long time employees lurk on this MB.

Just because the new owners are a great group of guys doesn't mean we shouldn't constantly remind them that we want the quad, lights, and new trails...right?

At this time of the year, I'd think that the only thing that could be accomplished would be new lighting. I'm still hoping and keeping my eyes open for some type of really cheap pass, to use as a second mountain.

Simply overhauling the Long Haul lift and getting it to run at anywhere near its maximum speed and not break down would be a good step to go along with the lighting. Advertising a new high speed quad will double ticket sales and they could get it in if the order is already placed.

No matter what, though, I'm psyched about us opening before Booter.

Simply overhauling the Long Haul lift and getting it to run at anywhere near its maximum speed and not break down would be a good step to go along with the lighting. Advertising a new high speed quad will double ticket sales and they could get it in if the order is already placed.

No matter what, though, I'm psyched about us opening before Booter.

There won't be a HSQ for this season, but getting the Long Haul running even a little faster would be a big improvement. They should also run it more. Did they run it on weeknights last season?

Better lighting would be huge improvement. I'm hoping to hit up Sno for night skiing a lot more next season. But the lighting would have to be installed to make it worth the extra drive miles and time vs. Blue or Camelback. Blue just gets skied off to quickly for night skiing since they put in the 6-pack.

IIRC they ran the Long Haul almost to close Pres. Day Weekend. The other Sunday I was there they shut it down around 7:00pm but then had to reopen it when the Phoebe Snow broke down.

Presidents weekend it was 11.5 minutes to the top. The other time it was 12 minutes. Believe it or not, the Long Haul was running faster than the Phoebe Snow both times. I timed it. The Long Haul is just a much longer lift so it seems slower.

I agree with Grilled Steeze (and everyone else for that matter!) that they need to replace this lift with a HSQ and add some new trails. But in the mean time, this lift should be running at least open to close on weekends, and at least nights during the week. The North Face is nice, but it would be nice to be able to switch off and take a longer run once in a while.

Hey,

I've been checking out this forum for a little while now and seeing this thread thought i might be able contribute. I do a lot of the photography for Sno Mountain and on monday I got an email from them which had a list of what is planned for this season. It looked like a mass mailing so I am a little surprised no one on this board got it.

I'm not quite sure what the rules on posting material like that are, but there is some good info in this anouncement, so here's brief summary: They discounted season pass until mid september, they added a student season pass, they hired an olympic skier (Holly Flanders) to be a race coach, they are expanding the terrain park to four trails and including two half pipes (13 feet and 22 feet),are building an indoor skate park, they got a Burton learn to ride program, installed magic carpet lifts (like the one used for tubing) on the bunny slope, added a day care, a zip rider (which i can't wait to get some pictures from), and a bus that's supposed to go around to college campuses to and from the mountain.

also in the email was some event dates which i can comfirm because i had already been contacted about covering several of them (though from what I understand the dates on are not exactly set in stone). Anyway the events are the Jeep Terrian Challenge, the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge, the Mid-Atlantic Snowboard Series, and a couple of PARA Ski races. Whats strange is that they also mention Loki's Slope Style (which was a blast last year) but don't mention the end-of-the-year Slush Style which really awsome (you can check out my clips and pics on Sno's website) and i hope they are planning to do it again.

Well that pretty much covers what was in the anouncement, I'm definitely excited about this ski season (not a whole lot better than being able to work and ski at the same time), and yeah it sucks there no high speed going in this year (next year hopefully) but it may be a small consolation to know that the last time i was up at Sno they were overhaulin' most of the lifts.

-Steve

p.s. (if you guys want me to post the actual doc its no problem)

Thats all right from the website. That part about 4 park trails kind of intrigues me. I'm assuming they will be on top. That will only leave 2 of the blue squares as standard intermediate terrain. Can't see that working out too well. Bored intermediates (while better than beginners) will wander into the parks or down to the north face. :banghead

Im pretty sure that the biggest park will have park passes. Thats coming from a bunch of park crew members last season. But they might count the 22ft pipe as a park and that will be were snowtubing is, so that wont take up a slope. But last year the word on the slopes was, Spike intermediate park with 13ft pipe, Upper and lower fast track Advanced park with park passes, Mainline beginner park, and then 22ft superpipe were snowtubing was.

Aside from the parks, the pass prices at the first deadline are really cheap. Only $339 for me, thats very reasonable.

Edited by Sno Mountain Skier

Aside from the parks, the pass prices at the first deadline are really cheap. Only $339 for me, thats very reasonable.

Only $1200 for me :banghead

BTW:

holly_f.jpg

Holly Flanders

Flanders was part of a team that included Christin Cooper and Cindy Nelson back when I was in college...she was a smokin' fast chick.

Edited by ski

Thats all right from the website. That part about 4 park trails kind of intrigues me. I'm assuming they will be on top. That will only leave 2 of the blue squares as standard intermediate terrain. Can't see that working out too well. Bored intermediates (while better than beginners) will wander into the parks or down to the north face. :banghead

Man, I hope they don't start to do stupid sh*t like BB is doing. I was hoping to possibly have a better place for at night.

Man, I hope they don't start to do stupid sh*t like BB is doing. I was hoping to possibly have a better place for at night.

I don't think it'll be that bad bigdaddyk. Worst case scenario you can still take refuge down on the north face

I don't think it'll be that bad bigdaddyk. Worst case scenario you can still take refuge down on the north face

Schif's right, Big. As a matter of fact, I'll do you a favor: you are now banned from any greens or blues at Sno. Don't even try it. North Face only, for you. Now you don't have to think about the parks.

You're welcome!

I highly doubt they will use all the upper trails as park.

Im sure they will use a lower fast track/runway.

That means that Long Haul will have to be running in order to access Lower Fast Track/Runaway without taking two lifts.

I don't know if the park riders will have enough patience to ride a 12 minute lift for a park there to be used all that much even if it is a top to bottom park. Maybe they should wait until they get a HSQ and keep the parks on the top half in the mean time?

That means that Long Haul will have to be running in order to access Lower Fast Track/Runaway without taking two lifts.

I don't know if the park riders will have enough patience to ride a 12 minute lift for a park there to be used all that much even if it is a top to bottom park. Maybe they should wait until they get a HSQ and keep the parks on the top half in the mean time?

Supposedly of last year they were going to upgrade long haul to some kind of high speed, if I remember correctly.

Supposedly of last year they were going to upgrade long haul to some kind of high speed, if I remember correctly.

The website still says that there will be new lifts and trails for 07/08. I think they're adding some magic carpets, but there won't be any new HS lifts or trails at Sno this year. :(

The website still says that there will be new lifts and trails for 07/08. I think they're adding some magic carpets, but there won't be any new HS lifts or trails at Sno this year. :(
Last year they said they were going to add a high speed quad where long haul is, and the new trails, they planed on making them a year or two after their first year.

Schif's right, Big. As a matter of fact, I'll do you a favor: you are now banned from any greens or blues at Sno. Don't even try it. North Face only, for you. Now you don't have to think about the parks.

You're welcome!

I could live with the NF, but I still like variety of trails to choose from.