new for 07

skier89

this is what is from the website

What's New at Camelback this Winter! We will be adding two 650ft handle tows in the Halfpipe on Oak Grove and in the Rhodo Terrain Park. We have made more upgrades to our snowmaking system; we will be adding 4 new chutes in the tubing park along with a new 600ft Magic Carpet Conveyor Lift. Keep checking skicamelback.com for more updates; we'll see you on the snow soon!

waste of money and time?

and it looks like they care more about the snow tubing park

if theyre actually devoting time and money to tow rope the pipe, it better be cut twice a week with high walls from opening to close...

tow rope is meaningless if the pipe sucks

Ps - what good is a rope in rhodo? they got a lift right there. its just never open. so if the lift isnt open why would the rope be? unless its just a straight ghetto rope free for all with no attendants. in that case, good luck.

Edited by Shadows

Are they installing 2 new rope tows? You can't really lap the pipe from a rope in rhodo or vice versa. Since rhodo is so flat hiking the features sucked, so it actually would be cool to have a tow in the park.

The website says 2 new rope tows, so I'd assume it's one for each.

wouldn't it eat up too much space in rhodo?

Anything that keeps the jibbers off of the bottom of Raceway is an improvement IMO.

Edited by Timeless

if theyre actually devoting time and money to tow rope the pipe, it better be cut twice a week with high walls from opening to close...

tow rope is meaningless if the pipe sucks

Ps - what good is a rope in rhodo? they got a lift right there. its just never open. so if the lift isnt open why would the rope be? unless its just a straight ghetto rope free for all with no attendants. in that case, good luck.

The cool thing about CB is that they have nothing but room for improvement "park wise" It is amazing how they can devote so much money towards park improvements but don't know how to actually improve it. Amazing. Shawn and Julian are still available. Take the cost of one of those rope tows and hire them for the season.

Talking to tony the other day and they also want to make turkey trot into a park as well. Some new jibs too. An s rail was brought up..

That fits with the idea that seems to be coming to fruition to have everything off of that little double lift turn to park type runs, but I'll miss turkey trot if they do it. Despite only being a little green run, it was usually quiet and was fun to take at speed.

If they manage to get that turned to a park run, with lower moores set up like the end of last year and the other "advanced" features in Rhodo, they should have a reasonable area devoted to the park people. Then the only question comes down to the ability and will to set it up properly and maintain it, I'm not going to get into that discussion.

The cool thing about CB is that they have nothing but room for improvement "park wise" It is amazing how they can devote so much money towards park improvements but don't know how to actually improve it. Amazing. Shawn and Julian are still available. Take the cost of one of those rope tows and hire them for the season.

That fits with the idea that seems to be coming to fruition to have everything off of that little double lift turn to park type runs, but I'll miss turkey trot if they do it. Despite only being a little green run, it was usually quiet and was fun to take at speed.

If they manage to get that turned to a park run, with lower moores set up like the end of last year and the other "advanced" features in Rhodo, they should have a reasonable area devoted to the park people. Then the only question comes down to the ability and will to set it up properly and maintain it, I'm not going to get into that discussion.

I am fairly certain that the center portion of CB will become more of an "isolated" park area as time goes on.

Oh, the house at Four Seasons is up for sale along with 41 other listings.

Edited by Papasteeze

Oh, the house at Four Seasons is up for sale along with 41 other listings.

Good luck with that then :banghead

I see they posted the new (higher) season pass prices, claiming them to be lower than last year. They've also pulled in the "buy early" date to mid-september.